Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

This is why I cant even enjoy college basketball. Ohio st and purdue is probably a great game however I am sick watching pu hitting big shots and winning big games while iu..... well we are doing what we do

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Starting to feel like 2 years ago when Purdue caught fire and went on to win the Big Ten. They mentioned before the game that the only 3 times before tonight that Purdue won in Value City Arena, they went on to win at least a share of the title. 

If nothing else, they have the "it" factor that's been missing from IU for 5 years now. 

6 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

This is why I cant even enjoy college basketball. Ohio st and purdue is probably a great game however I am sick watching pu hitting big shots and winning big games while iu..... well we are doing what we do

I had a bad feeling at halftime when OSU had hit 7 more threes than Purdue but was only up by 6. Purdue killed them in the paint tonight. 

Starting to feel like 2 years ago when Purdue caught fire and went on to win the Big Ten. They mentioned before the game that the only 3 times before tonight that Purdue won in Value City Arena, they went on to win at least a share of the title. 

If nothing else, they have the "it" factor that's been missing from IU for 5 years now. 

They will always have the “it” factor. It’s just less often they are missing the preceding “sh” factor to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I'm with you on that.  I know Purdue has games when their shooting is off, but every time I watch it feels like they shoot about 90% from 3.  It's frustrating.

21 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

People on this site said Purdue would suck. No way they'd be better than Indiana... Yet look where we are... They are a Top 5 seed right now.. Indiana on the bubble and trending down... Disgusting. 

The difference between players who love to play hard and compete and players who don’t give a crap. They’re not a more talented team. But their players have heart. They play like there’s nothing in the world they’d rather be doing than hoop. Our guys play like they’re being forced to show up for a couple hours before they can go do what they really want to be doing. 

2 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

I'm with you on that.  I know Purdue has games when their shooting is off, but every time I watch it feels like they shoot about 90% from 3.  It's frustrating.

Game before IU they shot 3-24 from 3 

the game after they shot 6-32 from 3 

todays game the shot 5-20 from 3   

and of course against IU they shoot 11-17 

Purdue is on a hot right steak right now.   They are figuring out how to win games when their shooting isn’t the greatest 

Purdue is on a hot right steak right now.   They are figuring out how to win games when their shooting isn’t the greatest 

It helps to have help too..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The difference between players who love to play hard and compete and players who don’t give a crap. They’re not a more talented team. But their players have heart. They play like there’s nothing in the world they’d rather be doing than hoop. Our guys play like they’re being forced to show up for a couple hours before they can go do what they really want to be doing. 

Painter has done a good job recruiting kids with heart and passion. They may not be highly ranked but they play hard and seemingly get better each year and outplay their ranking. 

25 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

If only we had a shooter.. lol