Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

@Demo let's put this in perspective.  Javonte Brown's logged a total of four minutes this season for UConn which equals 240 seconds.  There's a 23 second video so we can watch nearly 10% of his freshman season in one brief moment.

The following is from a UConn blog.

UConn men’s basketball’s Javonte Brown has left the program, the school announced Friday. He will reportedly enter the transfer portal, according to Jeff Borzello of ESPN.

Brown told the New Haven Register he’s leaving because of the departure of former assistant coach Kenya Hunter, who departed Storrs for Indiana in the offseason. Hunter recruited Brown to UConn and Brown told the Register he considered leaving back in August alongside the coach.

Brown re-classified from the 2021 class to 2020 to come to UConn early from Thornlea Secondary School in Thornhill, Ontario, Canada. The four-star recruit was one of three freshmen — alongside Adama Sanogo and Andre Jackson — in Dan Hurley’s No. 23 ranked recruiting class for 2020.

All of UConn’s true freshmen have struggled at points this season. Jackson has stumbled offensively and Sanogo has slowed in conference play after a strong showing against non-conference competition.

The 7-foot center has not played much this season, logging just four total minutes in two appearances in UConn’s first six games. He has scored four points and grabbed two boards this season, all coming in the season opener against CCSU.

Brown said he was disappointed by the lack of playing time but the amount he received was expected when he agreed to come to the school, according to the Register.

There has been no official word as to where Brown could potentially be going at this time, but the freshman noted that Indiana could be an option, according to the Register.

[mention=3347]Demo[/mention] let's put this in perspective.  Javonte Brown's logged a total of four minutes this season for UConn which equals 240 seconds.  There's a 23 second video so we can watch nearly 10% of his freshman season in one brief moment.

The following is from a UConn blog.
UConn men’s basketball’s Javonte Brown has left the program, the school announced Friday. He will reportedly enter the transfer portal, according to Jeff Borzello of ESPN.
Brown told the New Haven Register he’s leaving because of the departure of former assistant coach Kenya Hunter, who departed Storrs for Indiana in the offseason. Hunter recruited Brown to UConn and Brown told the Register he considered leaving back in August alongside the coach.
Brown re-classified from the 2021 class to 2020 to come to UConn early from Thornlea Secondary School in Thornhill, Ontario, Canada. The four-star recruit was one of three freshmen — alongside Adama Sanogo and Andre Jackson — in Dan Hurley’s No. 23 ranked recruiting class for 2020.
All of UConn’s true freshmen have struggled at points this season. Jackson has stumbled offensively and Sanogo has slowed in conference play after a strong showing against non-conference competition.
The 7-foot center has not played much this season, logging just four total minutes in two appearances in UConn’s first six games. He has scored four points and grabbed two boards this season, all coming in the season opener against CCSU.
Brown said he was disappointed by the lack of playing time but the amount he received was expected when he agreed to come to the school, according to the Register.
There has been no official word as to where Brown could potentially be going at this time, but the freshman noted that Indiana could be an option, according to the Register.
We could use another big. He would be immediately eligible wouldn't he?

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, maharkn said:

We could use another big. He would be immediately eligible wouldn't he?

Well, he's young, huge and has 3 more years eligibility.5 fouls in the middle and a little post defense maybe. We definitely need size.

23 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Well, he's young, huge and has 3 more years eligibility.5 fouls in the middle and a little post defense maybe. We definitely need size.

He would actually have four more years of eligibility.

He’s a true big— we offered last August.

He was #178 in the 247 composite; that’s not bad considering he was out of country.

Offer list included Arizona, Tex AM, Alabama, IU. Also took an official to Kansas so I assume they offered.

If he’s gonna come the sooner the better so he can start developing.

He would actually have four more years of eligibility.
He’s a true big— we offered last August.
He was #178 in the 247 composite; that’s not bad considering he was out of country.
Offer list included Arizona, Tex AM, Alabama, IU. Also took an official to Kansas so I assume they offered.
If he’s gonna come the sooner the better so he can start developing.

Would be someone we could use on cockburn to free up TJD

I know i have not been a Scott Drew fan as I thought his recruiting was sketchy. But given the climate today and me thinking that most schools are the same it is pretty impressive what he has built in Baylor. I have been to Waco a lot and there isn’t much there except great bbq. 

if we have to go into another coaching search at some point we could do worse. Consistently a top 25 program with a top 5 team seemingly once every 4 years. If his recruiting is sketchy he does it without getting caught. 

him back in his home state could be strong. Not sure he is a great X and O guy but he recruits well and his kids seem to love playing for him. 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Heck of a win by Texas in Morgantown.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just finished watching the ending.  Heck of decision by Shaka to not call a timeout and heck of a pass.  Texas is having one of those years where everything is going right.   It might of took Shaka 6 years but he has a really good team 

Did anyone else see the ending of the little Rock game i think it was yesterday. How do you not stop the clock when the lights shut off in a one possession game.

Did anyone else see the ending of the little Rock game i think it was yesterday. How do you not stop the clock when the lights shut off in a one possession game.

With all the rules officials have to follow, you’d think that would be a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Just finished watching the ending.  Heck of decision by Shaka to not call a timeout and heck of a pass.  Texas is having one of those years where everything is going right.   It might of took Shaka 6 years but he has a really good team 

Giving a mid-major guy some time worked?!

Hova out!