Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm forced to watch all the UK games (fiance is a UK fan) but they were far from forgettable this year. Yes, they did lose to Evansville which was awesome. But if you take that away they had a nice season. They had a very good shot at making the final four. If Richards and/or Quickley return they will be your preseason #1. 

 

It’s Kentucky. The odds of one of their couple featured players returning are not zero, but they are pretty slim.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm forced to watch all the UK games (fiance is a UK fan) but they were far from forgettable this year. Yes, they did lose to Evansville which was awesome. But if you take that away they had a nice season. They had a very good shot at making the final four. If Richards and/or Quickley return they will be your preseason #1. 

Not sure I could name a kid other than Hagans. I didn’t say they were bad, they were just another cookie-cutter UK team and, to me, forgettable. Talented enough to go to a final four, young enough to probably not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

 


Digging into background of Drake transfer Liam Robbins and just found out his uncle is Minnesota asst. Ed Conroy. Conroy's son, Hunter, also on Gophers team. Sure looks like a no-brainer for 7-foot Robbins (who numerous Valley coaches told me is a future pro) to wind up a Gopher.

Jeff Goodman


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

 

Once again our personal mailman delivers.

Corey Evans - Minnesota lands Drake transfer Liam Robbins, sit one, play two big man. Heard from a few MVC coaches that believed he was the best pro prospect in the league last year. Should be a good one for the Gophers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Once again our personal mailman delivers.

Corey Evans - Minnesota lands Drake transfer Liam Robbins, sit one, play two big man. Heard from a few MVC coaches that believed he was the best pro prospect in the league last year. Should be a good one for the Gophers.

Wonder which coach he will play for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Once again our personal mailman delivers.

Corey Evans - Minnesota lands Drake transfer Liam Robbins, sit one, play two big man. Heard from a few MVC coaches that believed he was the best pro prospect in the league last year. Should be a good one for the Gophers.

***And likely won’t have to sit at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good, hope those guys don't come back. I have no idea what effects the Coronavirus will cause in regards to roster turnover around the country, but the last thing I want to see is UK bringing everyone back and having another super-team like they've done multiple times now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Good, hope those guys don't come back. I have no idea what effects the Coronavirus will cause in regards to roster turnover around the country, but the last thing I want to see is UK bringing everyone back and having another super-team like they've done multiple times now. 

Those super-teams (his best team actually) have hung exactly one championship banner in Cal’s entire tenure at UK. We are fast approaching 10 years since the last one, and never say never but I don’t see another one coming in the interim. Unless you get lightning in a bottle, that’s what happens when you randomly assemble 5 stars.

And all this in the SEC. Not saying that league is down every year or anything, but it’s still the SEC. I think we can all agree that UK would be an upper-middle (like between 4-7) B1G team every year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Those super-teams (his best team actually) have hung exactly one championship banner in Cal’s entire tenure at UK. We are fast approaching 10 years since the last one, and never say never but I don’t see another one coming in the interim. Unless you get lightning in a bottle, that’s what happens when you randomly assemble 5 stars.

And all this in the SEC. Not saying that league is down every year or anything, but it’s still the SEC. I think we can all agree that UK would be an upper-middle (like between 4-7) B1G team every year. 

His one did come about as a result of something interrupting his normal recruiting cycle. The lockout caused a few key players to come back. 
 

you would think he would have learned e value of that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Those super-teams (his best team actually) have hung exactly one championship banner in Cal’s entire tenure at UK. We are fast approaching 10 years since the last one, and never say never but I don’t see another one coming in the interim. Unless you get lightning in a bottle, that’s what happens when you randomly assemble 5 stars.
And all this in the SEC. Not saying that league is down every year or anything, but it’s still the SEC. I think we can all agree that UK would be an upper-middle (like between 4-7) B1G team every year. 

His best was his 14-15 team. They just ended up losing a close and very controversial game to Wisconsin. That team went 38-1. They were well on their way to an undefeated season. I think it was a goaltending call?


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His best was his 14-15 team. They just ended up losing a close and very controversial game to Wisconsin. That team went 38-1. They were well on their way to an undefeated season. I think it was a goaltending call?


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
A lot of Kentucky fans point to the tip in by Hayes after the shot clock expired as why they were screwed. My response to them has always been if the officials would have actually called the flagrant foul on Trey Lyles earlier in the game, that call is probably moot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:


His best was his 14-15 team. They just ended up losing a close and very controversial game to Wisconsin. That team went 38-1. They were well on their way to an undefeated season. I think it was a goaltending call?


Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There was a “did the shot clock expire?” tip in by Wisky with 2:30 left. Wisky won by seven points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Wow..Matt Haarms is transferring from Purdue.

I don't blame him. I don't like the way he acts on the court, but I think Pork Chop was screwing him over. They'll miss him for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×