Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

We will likely play Duke or UNC in the bigten acc challenge every other year. It’s the Kentucky game that takes some action. Kentucky suggested playing in Indy and that is a negotiation and one we should take.

Why does it need to be in the hall?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m not a fan of “neutral site” games. I love college basketball for the fans and historic venues. There’s something cool about the hostility of a rival’s gym that you can’t find in professional sports

Haarms down to pUKe, Texas Tech and BYU, with most saying the Caliparis are the front-runner. If my father (a Purdue man) were still alive, he'd be spitting mad. He NEVER forgave Kyle Macy for transferring from PU to pUKe. Whenever Macy's name came up around my father or uncle (also a PU man), "the rat" followed soon after. (Although I think that had more to do with an Indiana kid leaving for Kentucky; he might not have kicked up much of a fuss over a Dutch boy obsessed with his hair doing the same).

I’m not a fan of “neutral site” games. I love college basketball for the fans and historic venues. There’s something cool about the hostility of a rival’s gym that you can’t find in professional sports

I would prefer the hall vs a neutral court but when it comes down to neutral or nothing there is nothing to debate.

Neutral against one of our biggest rivals and a blue blood is better than playing a BS game against the little sisters of the poor.

It’s not even close and we need to make it happen.

21 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I would prefer the hall vs a neutral court but when it comes down to neutral or nothing there is nothing to debate.

Neutral against one of our biggest rivals and a blue blood is better than playing a BS game against the little sisters of the poor.

It’s not even close and we need to make it happen.

Cuban will make it happen!

Never said it had to? When they negotiated with us they kept adding demands. It wasn’t just location. They wanted a higher allocation of tickets. Things like that. Duke doesn’t even pull that. They aren’t that important.

Remember he wanted Indy and then play at Yum. UofL told him to do himself! Lol what an arrogant prick he is!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

We will likely play Duke or UNC in the bigten acc challenge every other year. It’s the Kentucky game that takes some action. Kentucky suggested playing in Indy and that is a negotiation and one we should take.

Why does it need to be in the hall?

With a negotiation there's give and take on both sides, pUKe wanted 2 years and neutral site only and wouldn't move from that.  That's not a negotiation.

With a negotiation there's give and take on both sides, pUKe wanted 2 years and neutral site only and wouldn't move from that.  That's not a negotiation.

So just let it happen and after the first two years try again. Shouldn’t matter where the game is played.

7 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Haarms down to pUKe, Texas Tech and BYU, with most saying the Caliparis are the front-runner. If my father (a Purdue man) were still alive, he'd be spitting mad. He NEVER forgave Kyle Macy for transferring from PU to pUKe. Whenever Macy's name came up around my father or uncle (also a PU man), "the rat" followed soon after. (Although I think that had more to do with an Indiana kid leaving for Kentucky; he might not have kicked up much of a fuss over a Dutch boy obsessed with his hair doing the same).

BYU is...interesting. 

I don’t care about the team we play in this regard.  

I want a team that will play us in Indy every year and provide us with at least a Quad 2 win and most often a quad 1. While we have the majority of fans

Why do I want that,  because that’s the criteria the selection committee has chosen. 

Like it or not Butler and Notre Dame are about the only options. Hell I’d love to expand the weekend. Play Butler and ND both every year. 

40 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

The funny thing is the CC isn’t even the same weekend the Kentucky game traditionally was. So it has no bearing if they were able to work it out. It comes down to they don’t want to play us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We've beaten them 2 out of the last 3 times we've played them.  No chance they want to keep giving us chances to increase that while they continue to try and recruit Indiana.

I want a team that will play us in Indy every year and provide us with at least a Quad 2 win and most often a quad 1. While we have the majority of fans

Why do I want that,  because that’s the criteria the selection committee has chosen. 

Like it or not Butler and Notre Dame are about the only options. Hell I’d love to expand the weekend. Play Butler and ND both every year. 

I like Notre Dame just because of the history between the two. But I don’t care to play Butler ever. They have worse little brother syndrome than Purdue. Super annoying. Like we get it, Butler has been good and you went to two title games a decade ago. We know. If we are going to stick to regional opponents then I’d like to see something against maybe Cincy and they always seems to be in the Q1-Q2 area just like Butler and ND.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

That is an interesting idea. I'm not a fan of the Crossroads, but having games on Friday night and Sun afternoon (or something like that) would be better than it is, IMO. 

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

**** Kensucky. They talk about not being able to sign more than a two year deal due to being non traditional then they sign a longer deal with UCLA?

The fact remains Calipieceofshit wants absolutely nothing to do with bringing his cheating @$$ mother ******* program into the Hall. He has to dive, duck, and dodge in order to keep that from happening.

**** them

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I can't like this enough. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I like Notre Dame just because of the history between the two. But I don’t care to play Butler ever. They have worse little brother syndrome than Purdue. Super annoying. Like we get it, Butler has been good and you went to two title games a decade ago. We know. If we are going to stick to regional opponents then I’d like to see something against maybe Cincy and they always seems to be in the Q1-Q2 area just like Butler and ND.

They aren’t going to give us a game in Indy every year.