Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Hopefully Dolson ends the CC and replaces it with something more intriguing.  CC is an IU event that subsidizes the AD coffers of three other programs.
Would suggest an event featuring IU, KY, UL and Butler in LOS.

I wouldn’t add Butler. Need to get in something that competes nationally. Champions Classic has Duke, Michigan State, Kansas, Kentucky. I think something along Indiana, North Carolina, Arizona and Villanova. That’d be more fun. But I’d also like to see another series that interesting. Against an Arizona, Oregon, Texas, Florida or something. But that’s what sucks about the 20 game conference schedule and having the CC, B1G/ACC/Gavitt games. Not much room to fill games against teams from the Pac12, Big 12 or SEC. I was surprised with the Arky game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Yeah.  Unconfirmed reports he's offered Grant Gelon a scholly.  :103:

That’ll be just fine if they can get the Shot Doctor to come to Athens!

...wait...

19 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We need to take OSU's place in the CBS Sports classic. That event features 3 basketball bluebloods and a football blueblood that was called upon because we wanted to stay in our Indiana sandbox. 

Would love to be in that. But I’m sure we could find a way to do both. Butler and Notre Dame are a good opponent every year 

Would love to be in that. But I’m sure we could find a way to do both. Butler and Notre Dame are a good opponent every year 

Notre Dame has been iffy when we’ve played them. We seem to catch them on their down years. Would much rather replace both of them bigger programs.

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Notre Dame has been iffy when we’ve played them. We seem to catch them on their down years. Would much rather replace both of them bigger programs.

Notre Dame has been a quad 1 or 2 game the last three years we have have played them. Granted some of those games precede the quad system but it’s what we have now. 

It’s going to be hard to find another reliable quad 1 or at worst 2 matchup that will play on a neutral court where we actually have a fan advantage every year.  

Notre Dame has been a quad 1 or 2 game the last three years we have have played them. Granted some of those games precede the quad system but it’s what we have now. 

It’s going to be hard to find another reliable quad 1 or at worst 2 matchup that will play on a neutral court where we actually have a fan advantage every year.  

I don’t care about the quad crap. That’s easy to replace when you should be picking from UNC, Zona, Oregon, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke etc.
2011 Notre Dame ended up 22-12(13-5) and we beat them 69-58. 2013 they ended up 15-17(6-12) and beat us 79-72. In 2015 they went 24-12(11-7) and we beat them 80-73. 2017 they ended up 21-15(8-10), missed the NCAA tourney and we beat them 80-77(McRoberts to Morgan tip and jam). 2019 they finished 20-12(10-10), no clue if they were tourney bound or not. Either way, they just aren’t what we need. Our big OOC game the last few years has been us getting our butts kicked by Duke in the B1G/ACC Challenge. But Duke is a much bigger brand and that’s good for us. That’s who we need to be competing with. And if we have to replace the CC with playing Duke, UNC, Arizona or something, please let that happen. We’d be better off. If anything, Butler and Notre Dame are the only ones being helped out by the event. Purdue has sucked in it at 2-7.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don’t care about the quad crap. That’s easy to replace when you should be picking from UNC, Zona, Oregon, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke etc.
2011 Notre Dame ended up 22-12(13-5) and we beat them 69-58. 2013 they ended up 15-17(6-12) and beat us 79-72. In 2015 they went 24-12(11-7) and we beat them 80-73. 2017 they ended up 21-15(8-10), missed the NCAA tourney and we beat them 80-77(McRoberts to Morgan tip and jam). 2019 they finished 20-12(10-10), no clue if they were tourney bound or not. Either way, they just aren’t what we need. Our big OOC game the last few years has been us getting our butts kicked by Duke in the B1G/ACC Challenge. But Duke is a much bigger brand and that’s good for us. That’s who we need to be competing with. And if we have to replace the CC with playing Duke, UNC, Arizona or something, please let that happen. We’d be better off. If anything, Butler and Notre Dame are the only ones being helped out by the event. Purdue has sucked in it at 2-7.

The fact you don’t care about it doesn’t make it one of if not the top priority for our scheduling.  

Just now, mdn82 said:

Lol apparently only Butler or Notre Dame benefits from playing us on a neutral court.... Us getting most likely a Quad 1 win doesn’t benefit us at all. Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep and there’s no benefit whatsoever to the fans in Indy who can count on one game close to home every year. 

Someone bump this old argument up from earlier in the year? Seems a little early to be repeating arguments that have been made less then 2 months ago. We still need to repeat the rankings don’t/do matter before we repeat the strength of opponents argument.

Someone bump this old argument up from earlier in the year? Seems a little early to be repeating arguments that have been made less then 2 months ago. We still need to repeat the rankings don’t/do matter before we repeat the strength of opponents argument.

Oh ye of little faith. We are quarantined. I bet we could knock out two birds with one stone.

Lol apparently only Butler or Notre Dame benefits from playing us on a neutral court.... Us getting most likely a Quad 1 win doesn’t benefit us at all. Nope.

Ever heard of perception? Something that’s pretty important. No one cares if we beat some mediocre Notre Dame or Butler teams. But playing UNC? That’s causes hype. That helps our image more if we are competing with them.

Yep and there’s no benefit whatsoever to the fans in Indy who can count on one game close to home every year. 

We can play a better opponent in Indy. Pretty sure we could easily play Kentucky in Indy without any issues. I bet he’d agree to 3 straight years in Indy and boom. A better game for us than playing Butler or Notre Dame.

We can’t do that and the CBS sports classic. 

It doesn’t have to be a part of the CBS Sports Classic. Games can be played without all that happening around it. We should be playing Kentucky every year and I don’t really care where. During our off years from the Gavitt Games we need to replace it with someone else and preferably a team not in the ACC, SEC or Big East. But hell if Quads are all that matter, just schedule some teams in the 40’s and play some neutral games. Or better yet, some teams ranked in the 60’s or 70’s and play on the road.

As of now we’ve only played 3 ranked teams in the Crossroads Classic. #23 Butler in 2014. #18 Butler in 2016. #18 Notre Dame in 2017. We went 2-1 in those. Which Indiana and Butler both went 6-3. Also annoying because we don’t get a 3rd opponent. Butler never gets to play Notre Dame because two Big Ten teams are in it.

Ever heard of perception? Something that’s pretty important. No one cares if we beat some mediocre Notre Dame or Butler teams. But playing UNC? That’s causes hype. That helps our image more if we are competing with them.

Whose perception? Do you consistently have Baylor on your mind due to the one time a year they play Kentucky? No. You build perception by winning in the season and in the postseason.

As of now we’ve only played 3 ranked teams in the Crossroads Classic. #23 Butler in 2014. #18 Butler in 2016. #18 Notre Dame in 2017. We went 2-1 in those. Which Indiana and Butler both went 6-3. Also annoying because we don’t get a 3rd opponent. Butler never gets to play Notre Dame because two Big Ten teams are in it.

Yep and that series has helped our resume almost every year. Whether or not we had a good seed has come down to our inability/ability to win. A neutral court game is always a great thing.

It doesn’t have to be a part of the CBS Sports Classic. Games can be played without all that happening around it. We should be playing Kentucky every year and I don’t really care where. During our off years from the Gavitt Games we need to replace it with someone else and preferably a team not in the ACC, SEC or Big East. But hell if Quads are all that matter, just schedule some teams in the 40’s and play some neutral games. Or better yet, some teams ranked in the 60’s or 70’s and play on the road.

I agree with this even though you are being sarcastic. I would love to load up on teams hovering 100-150. Then play 4-6 tier 1a teams. We would be guaranteed a top 5 SOS every year.