Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

12 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

Remember when ranked teams and any team in general actually feared coming to Assembly Hall? Yea... that isn’t the case this year. How many ranked teams have we beaten at home in the last 3 seasons?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2016-17: UNC (#3), 2017-18: None, 2018-19: Marquette (#24)

5 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

No. The media has their agenda. Indiana is not a part of it. Even we we’ve been good we are overlooked. Zellers sophomore season? Meh. But Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Duke, Kansas... they were it. Kentucky got more spotlight and they were an NIT team. They love showing us lose but when we win... eh it whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

“Better to keep quiet and have people wonder if you’re a fool than speak and remove all doubt.”

Just now, Joe DeLow said:

You may think it is foolish but when have you ever considered Indiana a media darling? Purdue gets more love than we do.

Every other school that hasn’t been past the Sweet Sixteen in sixteen years would LOVE to have the media attention given to IU.

I love watching Indiana get destroyed. It’s great media attention.

Go throw your pity party elsewhere. Whining about the media picking on you might be the only thing more pathetic than Indiana’s performance last night.

15 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

What reason is there for game day to be at that game? A game where ESPN gives us a 7% chance of winning? A day where UNC travels to Louisville for revenge and Texas Tech is on the road at Kansas. But let’s go to East Lansing so we show how great Michigan State is by absolutely destroying Indiana.

Maybe the "Game Day" crew likes the cuisine in East Lansing.  I know I do.  Need to get back up there to eat at the "World Buffet".  Tasty.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

In other news O$U handling Nebraska at Nebraska.  I'm  sure that game will be fun...

And Illinois up on Maryland at Maryland......

What reason is there for game day to be at that game? A game where ESPN gives us a 7% chance of winning? A day where UNC travels to Louisville for revenge and Texas Tech is on the road at Kansas. But let’s go to East Lansing so we show how great Michigan State is by absolutely destroying Indiana.

Because teams and opposing fans get up for games against Indiana. And because it’s a B1G game at Breslin. And because MSU is ranked top 10. And because Indiana and Archie will turn it around at some point, and maybe it’s that game.

Like it or not, Indiana will always be in the spotlight. 5 banners and a fan base that watches and travels and goes crazy no matter what will always attract that spotlight.

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Because teams and opposing fans get up for games against Indiana. And because it’s a B1G game at Breslin. And because MSU is ranked top 10. And because Indiana and Archie will turn it around at some point, and maybe it’s that game.

Like it or not, Indiana will always be in the spotlight. 5 banners and a fan base that watches and travels and goes crazy no matter what will always attract that spotlight.

I'll buy the fan argument but what possible reason would MSU have for getting up for playing IU more than other Big Ten teams?  You think there is someone is the huddle before the game saying, "This is IU guys, we need to bring our A game."  I sincerely doubt it at this point.

Not sure, but I’ve been bouncing back in forth between NEB vs OSU and Illinois vs Maryland. Maybe trying to promote the BIG on the east coast. Someone might have a better explanation on why they’re playing at MSG.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners