Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I'm still pissed at one Michigan player pushing Juwan into another Michigan player and Juwan getting called for an illegal screen. If not for that call, we might have only lost by 21! 

Or the Michigan player tossing it out of bounds and them maintaining the possession. It seems officiating in college ball is getting worse every year. NBA ball here we come.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Nah; our shooting sux, but it ain’t Cliff Marshall’s fault.

Broken record coming but missed opportunities to stack recruiting classes in the previous staffs last couple years is playing a part. Whoever the coach is missing on you number 1,2,3rd options in a recruiting cycle will catch up to a program. In 2016 IU missed out on their top 6 pg offers (in no order Carr, Howard, Pritchard, Simpson, Fisher, Goodin). Finally IU’s 7th option said yes. Shooting guard options that year was just as bad. Alkins, Battle, McGusty and many more with offers said no. 10th option said yes. Grant Gelon. This is just 2016 guards. Missing out on those top options was brutal. A lot of shooting in those misses. If you miss on 2016 you have to stack 2017 with some of your top targets. That wasn’t the case. In 2017 IU missed out on their top 8 options (Scruggs, waters, Coleman, Weatherspoon, mark smith, Randolph and couple others went elsewhere. Al said yes( I’m glad he did because I think he will be a great upperclassman). Shooting is so important to the success of any program and when in back to back classes you come away with you 7th,8th and 10th option at a position it’s going to be an uphill battle. It’s the kind of thing that might get a coach fired. Even bigger uphill battle for a new coach taken over a program with those options. Luckily early in Archie’s time he has been able to land some of his top options at each position. Stacking classes with you top options will be key moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

I've never seen a team get so many 50-50 calls at home than Purdue does...even Duke doesn't get as many calls as them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That place is just nuts. It takes a brave set of officials to call a fair game there.

Just now, HoosierDribbler said:

Well, we actually do.

I won’t disagree with that at all, it’s just pathetic and drives me nuts for them to go out of their way to point us out when we had nothing to do with the game they just played. Annoying. But what can you do I guess....we’ll have our time. Can’t wait to flip the script.