Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, IUc2016 said:

I feel bad for Garza to go out like this. But it is Iowa so pretty funny honestly

The talent disparity in this game is remarkable too.  The only chance Big 1.0 teams have against more talented teams is playing great team ball but they have failed miserably to do that in this tourney. 

2 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

The Big Ten is so bad man. Just getting stomped. 

Happens once or twice, its a fluke.  Happens to every team?  Time for the league to change.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

The talent disparity in this game is remarkable too.  The only chance Big 1.0 teams have against more talented teams is playing great team ball but they have failed miserably to do that in this tourney. 

Illinois was the one B1G team I thought would do well in March but even they got destroyed. I do think UM would go far if they had Livers but without him... we will see. 

9 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Illinois was the one B1G team I thought would do well in March but even they got destroyed. I do think UM would go far if they had Livers but without him... we will see. 

Agreed, thought O$U could do well but they're done Kyle Young.  Why is half the league missing a key guy?!

I think that the B1G teams staying in the NCAA bubble for the extra week after the B1G tournament ended has negatively affected the B1G teams.  This is probably the reason for the losses more so than not being able to compete against these other teams.  Live and learn I guess...

Yeah whatever it is that needs to change as a conference, let's lead the charge. I still don't understand (or maybe a better word is buy) the concept that one particular league is supposed to be the best overall and be made up of several great teams but the league plays in a way and is officiated in a way that is detrimental to tourney success. If the league was and teams were great, adjust, and be great. Until some change happens, it's really just the Big Ten being a fraud. 

3 minutes ago, DMGHOOPS said:

I think that the B1G teams staying in the NCAA bubble for the extra week after the B1G tournament ended has negatively affected the B1G teams.  This is probably the reason for the losses more so than not being able to compete against these other teams.  Live and learn I guess...

Or they are just overrated.