Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

23 minutes ago, Demo said:

Geez, I'm not sure I'm seeing how Gard can make it work with the talent he has next year. Blackwell is good, but that is one watered down roster. Nebraska looks like they'll be really hurting too - maybe with Mast they would've been okay but without him? Yikes. Not really sure how OSU is getting some top half of the conference buzz either.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Geez, I'm not sure I'm seeing how Gard can make it work with the talent he has next year. Blackwell is good, but that is one watered down roster. Nebraska looks like they'll be really hurting too - maybe with Mast they would've been okay but without him? Yikes. Not really sure how OSU is getting some top half of the conference buzz either.

I was toldby a Wisconsin fan that they would be better than last year because their top two portal gets are better fits than Wahl and Storr.

22 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I was toldby a Wisconsin fan that they would be better than last year because their top two portal gets are better fits than Wahl and Storr.

Tonje was pretty good at CSU before he got hurt last year at Mizzou, so that could be legit.

Camren Hunter? Not seeing it - he was a high volume/low efficiency scorer at Cent Arky. Both him and Tonje are coming off of season-ending foot injuries and that can be tricky. The NIU forward is very different from Wahl - a stretch shooter that shot a lot.

Replacing Hepburn, Wahl, and Storr with low efficiency high-volume guys doesn't seem like a good idea.

50 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

image.png

The no doubt impending UConn extension is gonna reset the market in a big way, though he does create a pretty easy retort for an AD: “Tell ya what (insert applicable HC’s agent’s name here), when your guy wins us a couple of Natty’s THEN call me.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Tonje was pretty good at CSU before he got hurt last year at Mizzou, so that could be legit.

Camren Hunter? Not seeing it - he was a high volume/low efficiency scorer at Cent Arky. Both him and Tonje are coming off of season-ending foot injuries and that can be tricky. The NIU forward is very different from Wahl - a stretch shooter that shot a lot.

Replacing Hepburn, Wahl, and Storr with low efficiency high-volume guys doesn't seem like a good idea.

Wisconsin about to find out that their basketball NIL can't hang.

2 hours ago, Scotty R said:

Him leaving would be bad for the college game. If your a fan of college basketball why would you want him to leave.

I don't care about the institution formerly known as 'college basketball' anymore. Clearly none of the decision makers do, so why should I?  I want IU to win and Hurley's presence makes that harder.  

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I don't care about the institution formerly known as 'college basketball' anymore. Clearly none of the decision makers do, so why should I?  I want IU to win and Hurley's presence makes that harder.  

I don't see one individual coach mak s it any harder for IU to win. Also that is a losers mentality hoping others fail so you can win. Why not get better and beat them.

2 hours ago, Scotty R said:

I don't see one individual coach mak s it any harder for IU to win. Also that is a losers mentality hoping others fail so you can win. Why not get better and beat them.

You might have a point, but how much impact has your champion's mentality had on IU's results over the last 30yrs? Same as mine, none. 

11 hours ago, Demo said:

From a scoring perspective IU really stands out with 3 returning double digit scores and 3 high major portal players that averaged double digits last year.  UCLA is the only other school with as much, “on paper” firepower.

PS. looking at the rosters I don’t get the PU love. 

7 hours ago, Demo said:

The no doubt impending UConn extension is gonna reset the market in a big way, though he does create a pretty easy retort for an AD: “Tell ya what (insert applicable HC’s agent’s name here), when your guy wins us a couple of Natty’s THEN call me.

Yep.,

That was a multi-million dollar road trip that Hurley took from Connecticut to California. 

15 hours ago, DChoosier said:

PS. looking at the rosters I don’t get the PU love. 

If I had a dollar for every time I've thought this...

I can't think of a fanbase that deserves a regression year with unexpected setbacks more than that one.