Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

41 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Brad’s team wins.

Imagine that. I would like to have the player that wins and pisses off the opposition on my team.

Adam Woodbury took cheap shots…and didn’t win.

Brad. Wins.

But Woodbury did win at Iowa. And he's the cleanest player in B1G history compared to that dbag. He deserves zero praise. Ever. 

We need to get a lot better. All these B1G teams looking way better than us tonight.

We got guys hitting pull up jumpers left and right off cuts and screens, dribble moves. Our guys dribbling off their quads and bobbling 2-3 times before regaining possession and then passing to a guy standing still to do the same thing OR dumping it into Trayce.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We need to get a lot better. All these B1G teams looking way better than us tonight.

We got guys hitting pull up jumpers left and right off cuts and screens, dribble moves. Our guys dribbling off their quads and bobbling 2-3 times before regaining possession and then passing to a guy standing still to do the same thing OR dumping it into Trayce.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Our losses are road to Wisky and road to Penn State. Could be worse—could be home to Wisky and road to Rutgers.   ;)

I'm surprised Purdue's defensive efficiency rating has been so poor this season. It's been around 70 all year. I looked up every national champion in the Kenpom era and the worst defensive rating was Baylor last year, at 22. If I get bored enough this week I may try to look up every Final Four team's ranking on that side of the ball, but Purdue will have to get a lot better defensively if they want to make any kind of run. 

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm surprised Purdue's defensive efficiency rating has been so poor this season. It's been around 70 all year. I looked up every national champion in the Kenpom era and the worst defensive rating was Baylor last year, at 22. If I get bored enough this week I may try to look up every Final Four team's ranking on that side of the ball, but Purdue will have to get a lot better defensively if they want to make any kind of run. 

Every national champion since one of the UConn teams has entered the tournament with at least a top 25 Ken Pom defense and offense.   Got to have both 

Just now, cthomas said:

Welcome to college basketball where nothing is a given. Our loss at Wisconsin suddenly doesn't look so bad. Shouldn't have happened but everyone is susceptible to losing in this conference. Going to be a crazy ride this year, so buckle up.

Loss at Wisky never looked bad in my opinion.   Except for blowing a 22 pt lead of course 

13 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I sorta thought he stepped over the inbounds line, too -- but I couldn't see a clear enough replay to tell for sure. 

I just watched it on a highlight video. His entire left foot was on the baseline. If the ref hadn't been looking toward the other end of the court it would have been an easy call. 

Wisconsin though showing what a great guard can do. Carry a team. Wisconsin has an insanely mediocre roster. That might be giving it some credit. Davis has been that good this season though. Having great guards means that much in college basketball. 
If IU was winning with a roster like that, would it be a mediocre roster?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk