Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Lunardi’s bracket doesn’t usually comport with reality 
I agree! But to go along with that, when we start winning these B10 games we will get more respect in polls and/or bracketology analysis. Winning cures all. Protect our home court and win all our home games and then split the road games....we will be in the dance for the first time in a long time, and maybe even with a decent seed.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But currently their best win is a pretty good but not really good San Diego State team.

Michigan is gonna have to do some work to get to 16-14. They’re going to be underdogs in their next four B1G games

That win will be a good Q2 win for them and the B1G will probably have 14 opportunities for Q1 and 2 wins.  They will have to win some games against the top half but they will have an opportunity to do so.   No wiggle room but they will have their chance unlike a team that is 7-5 heading into ACC or PAC 12 play.  They are lucky the B1G did well in the non conference to give them the chance they are going to get 

4 minutes ago, mbredenk101 said:

I agree! But to go along with that, when we start winning these B10 games we will get more respect in polls and/or bracketology analysis. Winning cures all. Protect our home court and win all our home games and then split the road games....we will be in the dance for the first time in a long time, and maybe even with a decent seed.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Can’t speak on the polls but results will help with bracketology analysis.   IU doesn’t have a resume that warrants much respect right now.  If I did a projection this early I would still have Michigan seeded higher at this point.   

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Today's refs had no clue what a charge or block is.  A horrible charging on UM and Howard went out on the floor and got into the regs face.  That arc in the lane is the worst thing they have done to basketball.  The refs only look at the hat and not if the defender was there in time 

Agree 100% on that.  I had a co-worker of mine tell me that I didn't like the arc because it 'protects high flyers like him'.....dude is 40 years old and hasn't seen the top of the rim since college.

Yes, refs seem to focus simply on where the defender's feet are and not if it was actually a block or charge.  Get rid of it.  I don't understand the logic of allowing an offensive player to run someone over in a five foot square area.  

32 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But currently their best win is a pretty good but not really good San Diego State team.

Michigan is gonna have to do some work to get to 16-14. They’re going to be underdogs in their next four B1G games

Tarvik projects them to finish 17-13, 11-9 in the Big Ten.  That would get them in IMO.  16-14, 10-10?  Probably would need a win or two in the BTT

On 12/31/2021 at 8:18 AM, Uspshoosier said:

Tomorrows slate is loaded though

Texas/West Virginia 

Creighton/Marquette 

Memphis/Wichita St 

Baylor/Iowa St

Nova/Seton Hall

Providence/DePaul 

Florida St/NC State 

San Diego St/UNLV

Boise St /Wyoming 

George Mason/Kansas