Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Stan and Troy suspended for failed drug tests..

Remember Hollowell had "focus" issues? Pure speculation, but maybe Vonleh wasn't protecting his draft stock at the end of the year?

CampHoosier said Vonleh failed drug tests last season. "Tests" plural, meaning more than one.

Vonleh failed drug tests last season as did Stan and Hollowell. Swept under the rug. This is coming from someone probably closer than BBall4IU. 

This blows my mind. You guys live in a city where a dozen people who smoke weed pass a drug test every single day. How can you possibly all fail? And fail multiple times? If we aren't going to get the team under control can we at least get them a student consultant who can teach them how to stop getting caught? 

This blows my mind. You guys live in a city where a dozen people who smoke weed pass a drug test every single day. How can you possibly all fail? And fail multiple times? If we aren't going to get the team under control can we at least get them a student consultant who can teach them how to stop getting caught?

Oil changes!

Please let there be a Blue Mountain State fan present...

so stan and troy failed their first drug test this summer and the second recently, or failed their second this summer and the staff delayed the announcement?

Failed last season or preseason and for a second time this summer. Apparently was supposed to be announced later this week. Odd timing by the Ath Dept to release it so ESPN could do a write up as Crean was walking into a live radio show with phone calls.

so stan and troy failed their first drug test this summer and the second recently, or failed their second this summer and the staff delayed the announcement?

Failed second test this summer. Failed first last season. Crean wasn't announcing it. I'm guessing he was going to wait and announce it Thursday AFTER the game as to why they didn't play all game.

There are probably about 100 out of 42,000 students I'd imagine. About the same as people thinking 300 forum junkies are the voice of the fan base

Season ticket sales were already down 3,000. Put this on top of it, we're looking at a lot more than 100 students. A lot more.

Congratulations. You won. Hope you enjoy it.
Sorry I'm just not a miserable old man who refuses to believe in a coach unless they're the second coming of Bob knight. If you're too full of spite to appreciate the work Crean put into this program, then I feel sorry for you.
Sure, Crean recruited the same players that have caused the current issues and he failed to control them. He also brought the program back from the dead and brought players like Jordy Zeller Vic CWat and kept Elston and Verdell who all built the program back up from the ground together. This man has given his all to IU basketball. It's wasn't enough and he has failed. Let's give him credit and respect, thank him for the good times, and wish him well moving forward. Crean sadly was not the man to fully resurrect this road kill of a program Sampson left behind.
I don't regret for a second supporting Crean. I was wrong about him being able to take us back and keep us there, but I don't regret it. He may not be a great coach, but he's a good man as far as I'm concerned.

I will accept your apology, right apologist since your username you own and adopted so really not me calling you . Some of your names for me like old I can own too. But really, calling me miserable when I have real stories to tell by playing the game at a high level as well as graduating from IU during a real championship year and the stories that go with them, all the while your young blood isn't making his own but reading mine? And you say I'm miserable? Start doing and maybe you will have some to tell of your own. No hard feelings here; I hope none on your end. You will still have the memories of Crean cutting the nets down after a home loss to Ohio State to tell future Hoosiers. Oh, such fond memories.

thanks.  being in communications, don't think I agree with the delay in announcing it shortly before or after the season.

1. the offseason is quiet.  by the time november rolls around, when it's mentioned people will essentially just accept it and shrug it off.  it wont get dissected and analyzed amid heavy anticipation for the season.

2. is it really advantageous?  only thing I can see is it wouldn't deflate fans' moods while you're selling tickets and building excitement for hoosier hysteria.  I'm not buying that, especially for this year as fans were very excited.  plus, I mean this is a fanbase that sold out games during the infamous 6-win season.

3. the strategy is susceptible to something like the dd/holt incident occurring and exacerbating an already negative situation, allowing national media to use it all against you and paint a gloomier picture.  our reputation is getting obliterated right now.  didn't have to be this bad.  the delay came back to bite us in the ass.

Season ticket sales were already down 3,000. Put this on top of it, we're looking at a lot more than 100 students. A lot more.

I'm talking about students on LipSmack talking about the team

Anyway, looks like I'll get to see some games this season.

thanks. being in communications, don't think I agree with the delay in announcing it shortly before or after the season.
1. the offseason is quiet. by the time november rolls around, when it's mentioned people will essentially just accept it and shrug it off. it wont get dissected and analyzed amid heavy anticipation for the season.
2. is it really advantageous? only thing I can see is it wouldn't deflate fans' moods while you're selling tickets and building excitement for hoosier hysteria. I'm not buying that, especially for this year as fans were very excited. plus, I mean this is a fanbase that sold out games during the infamous 6-win season.
3. the strategy is susceptible to something like the dd/holt incident occurring and exacerbating an already negative situation, allowing national media to use it all against you and paint a gloomier picture. our reputation is getting obliterated right now. didn't have to be this bad. the delay came back to bite us in the ass.

I have no idea if this is plausible but does anyone think the timing could be a set up to make Crean look bad on the radio and piss him off?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have no idea if this is plausible but does anyone think the timing could be a set up to make Crean look bad on the radio and piss him off?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was sort of hinting that when I mentioned how oddly precise the timing of the ESPN report was...