Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Basketball4iU

Curt Miller's Son

Not sure if this has been reported here, but Curt's son was arrested for armed robbery of some gas stations this past week in Bloomington.

Oh no! Prayers with that family as well.

Some know but do not want to talk about it. Some who seemed to know suggested looking on Purdue's message board

So if you want to know what some are suggesting look there.

I have no idea myself but since there has been limited encouragement from IU for him like they did for Hep and the asst or strength coach who had the spinal injury then I suspect it is not a pleasant situation.

If you guys are talking about who I think you're talking about thats one of his nephews he sorta adopted, not his son. We played lacrosse together in highschool and were pretty close my senior year but I havent seen much of him since then. But back then the team went to their house and hung out a few times, other than him and his brother there were never any other kids living there so im fairly certain Curt doesnt have a son.

Anyway, I had heard that he might of been involved in something like this after I left for college, blew it off as a rumor considering the source.

We never really talked about it but I sorta picked up that he was from a bad situation, (mostly friend wise, maybe family im not sure) and thats why Curt took him and his brother in. Then after Curt resigned I assumed it had to do with him potentially being involved in this.

Not 100% certain about all of it, just my observations.

Hope for the best for him. He was always a good guy and great friend.

If you guys are talking about who I think you're talking about thats one of his nephews he sorta adopted, not his son. We played lacrosse together in highschool and were pretty close my senior year but I havent seen much of him since then. But back then the team went to their house and hung out a few times, other than him and his brother there were never any other kids living there so im fairly certain Curt doesnt have a son.

Anyway, I had heard that he might of been involved in something like this after I left for college, blew it off as a rumor considering the source.

We never really talked about it but I sorta picked up that he was from a bad situation, (mostly friend wise, maybe family im not sure) and thats why Curt took him and his brother in. Then after Curt resigned I assumed it had to do with him potentially being involved in this.

Not 100% certain about all of it, just my observations.

Hope for the best for him. He was always a good guy and great friend.

The Hearld Times stated that this is Curt Miller's son with the last name of Seymour.

The Hearld Times stated that this is Curt Miller's son with the last name of Seymour.

Yeah, he may have adopted Sean or something but I know for a fact that Curt is his uncle. Sean told me that he lived in Ohio with his parents until Curt moved here for the coaching position, then Sean and his twin brother came here with Curt.

I will bite the proverbial bullet here. Curt "plays for the other team" and there may have been some inappropriate activity, not involving athletics mind you. His family dynamic is, um, dynamic, to say the least... Go ahead and shoot the messenger.

Glad you said it. I wasn't about to.

I will bite the proverbial bullet here. Curt "plays for the other team" and there may have been some inappropriate activity, not involving athletics mind you. His family dynamic is, um, dynamic, to say the least... Go ahead and shoot the messenger

While he does "play for the other team," I honestly doubt that has to do with the resignation. I knew him, his "teammate," and both Sean and Sean's brother fairly well. Curt is a great person and coach.

Its not illegal to "play for the other team," in fact Bloomington is probably one of the most accepting towns to be on that team, and IU most likely encourages it if anything. Not shooting the messenger, just don't think it was necessary to bring it up considering his character. 

But I totally understand why you might have came to that conclusion, given that there have been numerous cases where people in positions like his resign/"move on"/etc when these kind of things come out.