Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) PF Jaren Jackson Jr. to Michigan St.

‏@INBBallSource: Park Tudor used a big third quarter from Jaren Jackson Jr. to defeat Scecina, 49-37. Here's the recap: http://inbasketballsource.com/2014-2015-high-school/2015-2016-high-school/2194-park-tudor-49-scecina-memorial-37

- Jaren Jackson finished with 18 points and 12 rebounds.

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jaren Jackson playing only 24 minutes on the Spiece team had himself quite a ballgame with 35 pts. on 10 of 13 from the field; 6 of 8 on 3's and 9 of 10 from the foul line.  He also had 9 reb., and 3 blks. as Spiece Indy Heat defeated Alabama Challenge with Trendon Watford 77 - 68.  Watford with 20 pts. and 6 reb.

Wow! Thats big time!

Great kid.  Needs to add strength and post moves.  Needs to play "big" and not "tall," but should be an effective college player by his soph year.   Has nice range on his jumper.  Plays a little "Euro" from time to time.  His dad wants him to be able to step out and shoot it, and he's developed that part of his game nicely.

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Great kid.  Needs to add strength and post moves.  Needs to play "big" and not "tall," but should be an effective college player by his soph year.   Has nice range on his jumper.  Plays a little "Euro" from time to time.  His dad wants him to be able to step out and shoot it, and he's developed that part of his game nicely.

I think that last part is the key. Right now he seems to be a true 4, good rebounder, defender, and great around the rim on the offensive end. Developing the jumper seems wise and within his capabilities. High IQ, high "character" guy.

Who would you guys want between Jackson and Malik Williams? 

Does it have to be an either/or? I'm guessing Bryant is gone after next season so adding two "bigs" to the lineup can only help.

When in doubt go with the high quality/stronger work ethic recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

17 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Does it have to be an either/or? I'm guessing Bryant is gone after next season so adding two "bigs" to the lineup can only help.

When in doubt go with the high quality/stronger work ethic recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For what it's worth, Jackson is not close to Bryant.  Jackson is much closer to Juwon Morgan than anyone on Indiana's current team.  An inch or two taller, but that's what he'd give Indiana.