Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

Thon and his brother are quite different from your normal HS, soon to be college kids. From what i have read on Thon and his brother, they are big into academia and I wouldn't be surprised he were to stay until he graduates from college. Their priorities are a bit unique

Thon and his brother are quite different from your normal HS, soon to be college kids. From what i have read on Thon and his brother, they are big into academia and I wouldn't be surprised he were to stay until he graduates from college. Their priorities are a bit unique

Good Lawwwd.  could you imagine Thon as a senior anywhere?  

This. I always got the impression that Thon busts his butt in class.

I thought a lot of you guys didn't like players like Thon...the typical Kentucky recruit that is just a mercenary and not a real student. An nba player.

But when he might go to IU he's awesome, the minute he commits to Kentucky it was all about the $$$

Me personally, I think we should start offering whatever Kentucky is....

Whoa, thats hittin close to home buddy. 100% agree, though.

I thought a lot of you guys didn't like players like Thon...the typical Kentucky recruit that is just a mercenary and not a real student. An nba player.

But when he might go to IU he's awesome, the minute he commits to Kentucky it was all about the $$$

Me personally, I think we should start offering whatever Kentucky is....

I, would want to stay within the framework of the rules. Thankyou

Thon expressed he would make a decision to reclass in March (now) but he didn't say that he would pick a school then. I believe he will make it soon though. His surprise visit this weekend has me thinking he wanted to hurry up and do his last visits and then make his decision.

He was a top-5-caliber prospect in the 2016 class, but will now immediately become one of the most sought-after players in the country. Kansas and Kentucky are the schools most mentioned, although Missouri, Duke, Louisville and Maryland have all received visits. Indiana, Wake Forest and UCLA are also recruiting him.

"I've been watching college ball for a while," Maker told ESPN.com recently. "And it just causes me to think about that, reclassifying. So I can get ready for college ball.

"The college decision, I can't wait for that. That's what I'm really focused on."

Maker's next step remains up in the air, though.

He could go to college after this season, but that's far from a sure thing. His guardian has discussed the possibility of going overseas for one season, much like former SMU signee Emmanuel Mudiay, who is playing in China this year. Sources also have indicated that Maker could stay at Orangeville for one more season as a postgraduate student and then go straight to the NBA draft in 2016.