Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

djsalway

Maurice Creek

Here is a little positive note here since we all support Mo.

Over the last 3 games (after the virus caused him to score 1 point against Duquesne), Mo is averaging 16.0 PPG, 2.3 APG, and 1.3 SPG, all while shooting 45% from 3.

Even though they have dropped 2 of their last 3, they are still in position to be a 9 seed in the tournament.

Without IU being in the big dance this year, we can always root for one of our own. I know I'm a huge fan of Mo and I'll be rooting for him all the way.

[quote name="djsalway" post="40246" timestamp="1392654289"]Here is a little positive note here since we all support Mo.

Over the last 3 games (after the virus caused him to score 1 point against Duquesne), Mo is averaging 16.0 PPG, 2.3 APG, and 1.3 SPG, all while shooting 45% from 3.

Even though they have dropped 2 of their last 3, they are still in position to be a 9 seed in the tournament.

Without IU being in the big dance this year, we can always root for one of our own. I know I'm a huge fan of Mo and I'll be rooting for him all the way.[/quote]

It may be stupid of me to say, but until IU's name isn't called on selection Sunday, you'd better still be pulling for us to go all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It may be stupid of me to say, but until IU's name isn't called on selection Sunday, you'd better still be pulling for us to go all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I am definitely still rooting for IU to be in the tourney, but let's be realistic here. 4 of our last 6 games are against ranked opponents. I hate to be negative, but the chances are slim to none.

[quote name="djsalway" post="40264" timestamp="1392661834"]I am definitely still rooting for IU to be in the tourney, but let's be realistic here. 4 of our last 6 games are against ranked opponents. I hate to be negative, but the chances are slim to none.[/quote Yes, but think about IF (BIG IF) we were to win 3 out of those 4 and the other two or even 2/4 and the other two, plus two B1G tourney wins. To me that would be enough to get us in. To me it seems highly unlikely that the selection committee would leave out a 19 or 20-win Big Ten Team if they have somewhere between 3 and 6 ranked wins in conference. (One example I think of is the 2010-11 Illini team which went 19-13 and 9-9 in the B1G and had only ONE win against a ranked opponent (17 MSU) and still made the tourney as a 9 seed. Iowa last year would be the opposite of this tho, but they missed it because they had NO signature wins. Something interesting I thought of is that if we made it, we probably would be about a 9 this year. Think how awesome it would be if we got into Wichita's region, probably the Midwest, as a 9 and somehow knocked them off and got to play in the Indianapolis regional. Like you said, PROBABLY won't even make it, but I'm not counting us as dead till it's officially over. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Mo was named to the Third-Team All-Atlantic 10 finishing the season with 14.6 PPG, 3.3 RPG, and 1.8 APG, while shooting 43% from the field and 40.9% from behind the arc. (Complete Stats)

Mo helped his scoring average by ending the season with 3 games of 22, 20, and 24 respectively.

I'm glad that Mo was able to come back from injury and contribute to a tourney team.

George Washington opens A-10 conference tournament play on Friday, taking on the winner of the UMass-Rhode Island matchup.

Congrats Mo!  You will always be one of my favorites!  Will never forget you coming out for warm-ups in the Derby Classic wearing an IU flag in front of all the UK and UL fans!  Always a true Hoosier! Hope you keep getting better--faster--stronger!                         

Good luck in the pros!