Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Hey now, they hired an alum WITH college coaching experience.

AND the same amount of tourney wins as Woody when he was hired.

LOLOLOLOLOL

12 minutes ago, Trish said:

Now Kentucky knows how it feels to hire an incredibly underwhelming coach. 

…who is likely a significant upgrade over the 2024 version John Calipari.

Smarter, more engaged and engaging, more connected and committed to the program, runs a modern offense, and will cost a ton less.

A good day for UK basketball, whether their dumbass fans understand that or not.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

…who is likely a significant upgrade over the 2024 version John Calipari. And will cost a ton less. A good day for UK basketball, whether their dumbass fans understand that or not.

I rather have John because he can recruit and his NBA connections are unreal. 

3 minutes ago, Trish said:

I rather have John because he can recruit and his NBA connections are unreal. 

Like the last four straight years with at least one five star added, and TONS of NBA connections?

You just described Woody.

They went for a low key college coach who has substance and runs a modern system. Isn’t that a good thing?

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

…who is likely a significant upgrade over the 2024 version John Calipari.

Smarter, more engaged and engaging, more connected and committed to the program, runs a modern offense, and will cost a ton less.

A good day for UK basketball, whether their dumbass fans understand that or not.

Calipari just finished t-2nd in the SEC at 13-5. He had another great class coming in. He’s not as good as he was pre-covid, but saying Pope is a “significant upgrade” is an exaggeration… He has 0 tournament wins in 9 seasons as a coach. You don’t push Calipari out to hire someone with his resume. 

Should show people where college basketball is right now to head coaches.  This isn’t the old days anymore. If you got a good thing elsewhere you don’t need the brand names to gain exposure.  Every game is televised somewhere.  Back in the day it wasn’t like that.  At least Kentucky went with a college basketball guy (who runs elite offensive sets).   Not the big splash fans would want but a guy that will make them competitive.  Good hire for them just won’t win the press conference 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Like the last four straight years with at least one five star added, and TONS of NBA connections?

You just described Woody.

They went for a low key college coach who has substance and runs a modern system. Isn’t that a good thing?

I agree! Kentucky should’ve hired Woodson. I’ve been begging for that! 

I haven’t heard anything positive about Pope. I think he’s gone in 3 years.