Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Putting a lot of faith in the source that it may be true.

image.png

image.png

This makes zero sense whatsoever. Why the hell would Calipari want to be in Fayetteville for a rebuild at age 64.

But there’s tons of credible reporting on this, not just anonymous burner accounts.

I do find it interesting that far more of UK’s roster than usual at this point has been radio silent. Only three of their kids have did anything about staying or going. That is weird.

12 hours ago, IH8PU said:

ALL AD's have a list of coaches in every sport. You may not like Dolson but he isn't stupid.

I’m not calling him stupid. I’m calling him neutered. I don’t believe for one second that he has any authorization to make changes. Also, according to some on here, he likely had a list of 3. One went to Michigan, the other wasn’t interested, and the one that was, we passed over, in favor of Mike Woodson. I doubt Dolson has a list at this moment. 

I've seen reports that Arkansas doesn't have a very robust NIL so somebody must be pledging a boatload to entice Cal.  But even if that's the case it still makes no sense.  If he truly wanted to leave why not throw his name into the Ohio State, Michigan or some of the other openings with no potential NCAA issues pending and better NILs?

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

Who would be on UK's list of replacements?

I imagine the fans will want Hurley (especially if they win tomorrow) but I don't see that happening.

They definitely think they are getting Oats or Hurley.

Based on that, I already feel sorry for the guy they end up with.

4 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Who would be on UK's list of replacements?

The fan base will request Brad Stevens, Jay Wright, Nate Oats, Dan Hurley, Eric Spoelstra, Phil Jackson, Red Auerbach, etc.

I think they have a legit shot at Vogel, Golden, and Pope, and maybe they’re willing to stomach Beard or Wade. 

Apparently Calipari is completely sick of UK fanbase trashing him at every turn, and the UK fanbase is sick of Calipari coaching their basketball team.

I wonder who would get custody of Bruiser Flint? I’m guessing Archie.  :)

The fan base will request Brad Stevens, Jay Wright, Nate Oats, Dan Hurley, Eric Spoelstra, Phil Jackson, Red Auerbach, etc.
I think they have a legit shot at Vogel, Golden, and Pope, and maybe they’re willing to stomach Beard or Wade. 

I think Oats or Beard. I think Oats is confident enough to take a 4 million dollar raise.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Calipari leaving pUKe and a total eclipse of the sun.  Has to be some kind of omen.

If it comes out that Cal is interested in Arkansas tomorrow a lot of UK fans may end up having a total eclipse of the heart. 

Cal's focus always has been putting guys in the NBA, not winning nattys -- although I suppose he thought the two would go hand-in-hand. 

I think that's wearing thin in Lexington. 

That said, I still find it hard to believe he'd leave for Arkansas. I figured if anything, his next move would just be to hang up the whistle.