Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IUBB vs Northwestern - Sun 2-18-24 3pm FS1

I am very intrigued by today's game! Coach had alot of work today this week to keep these kids heads right imo. This is the first game where their season is pretty much over as far as post season imo. Interesting if we play hard with tjd and few others in the house. Will we play hard or is this truly the end? Can't wait till 3

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I've got mixed feelings about this game.  A lot like the mixed feelings I have had about IU basketball games since IU recruiting whiffed on getting guards...and the Auburn game stuck a pin in our bubble.  Well, at least we swept OSU this season and chased their head coach out of town.

We had best be way ahead in this game near the end.  Not only does Northwestern keep games close but they...hit 3's....and cause turnovers.  

That plus, I have my daughter's birthday dinner planned for just after the game...across town.  May miss the end of the game.

Well, the big wheel keeps turning.   Hope the pendulum swings our way for a bunch of seasons.  Right?

Go IU!  Hope the team plays defense well.  

2 hours ago, Whoozhers said:

Good morning weary but never daunted IU fans!

Time to get back on the horse. Giddy up!!

Let’s GO HOOSIERS!!

Yeah! Every time I find myself thinking that I’ll stay home and let my seats go empty “Never daunted, we shall not falter” runs through my mind. I’ll be there expecting a win and then start looking forward to Nebraska. If nothing else pre-game at Lennie’s with great friends will make today a good day.

Go Hoosiers!!!!

3 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Why you say that? Boo might have 40 imo

Reverse psychology for him.   No one should think an IU team should win easy against a Northwestern team that is a tourney quality team and has played elite teams tough on the road while IU has struggled with low major teams at home.   Iu is favored by 1.5 so they probably should win but it should  never be considered easy since these 2 teams are in different places right now 

24 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Reason I'm watching today is cuz the Daytona 500 got PP'd to tomorrow.

Disappointing. Only because now I don’t really have an excuse. 

I have car duty for my sons soccer but I’ll definitely watch on delay. Always do, no matter how little faith I have in the HC or team.

I watched live, NW kick our tail at home last season while JHS had a miniature coming out party in the second half as he almost willed us back.

This year…. I want to see Gunn get extended minutes. I’d like to see him start just to see if it looks as bad as it usually does. He offers too much on defense to sit him, I think. Give it a go.

Outside of that I expect ugly, boring basketball with no transition play, limited shooting, poor boxing out among the other IUBB staples.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Barnhizer or Buie will have a career day I can already smell it otherwise it would've been Berry.

Besides those 2, the next viable candidate would be Luke Hunger. Only averages 3.7 PPG and 31.6% from the 3 this season. Seems like this guy is due for a 15 point game looking at his recent numbers