Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Who gives a rip who shreckbagger is or what his screen name means?

Let's get back to the matter at hand ...

FIRE MEDIOCRE MIKE WOODSON

Props for getting back on topic.

Who gives a rip who shreckbagger is or what his screen name means?

Let's get back to the matter at hand ...

FIRE MEDIOCRE MIKE WOODSON

It's so easy to get an unsurely reaction from you guys.....it's almost like this one comes from a burner account.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Speaking of how some on here are claimed to be "burner" accounts supporting Woodson, and how the IU administration has bots on social media defending CMW.....has anyone provided any substance to those claims yet?

Jus askin......for a Grandpa allowed on the internet.

Torvik's model is not only based on returning production but also heavily weighs efficiency. Let's be honest, Rice, Carlyle, and Mgbako weren't the most efficient players last year, most freshman aren't. 

I think that’s the original model. They updated it moving Indiana from 23-31. It has always been efficiency and returning production. That wasn’t the change. What it was will likely remain a mystery.

Either way, it is what it is, and we hope the staff talent evaluation is more on point than last year because they certainly fumbled the ball hard in that category last season.

As far as efficiency. And Freshman jump expectations are VERY likely factored into the math.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think that’s the original model. They updated it moving Indiana from 23-31. It has always been efficiency and returning production. That wasn’t the change. What it was will likely remain a mystery.

Either way, it is what it is, and we hope the staff talent evaluation is more on point than last year because they certainly fumbled the ball hard in that category last season.

As far as efficiency. And Freshman jump expectations are VERY likely factored into the math.

His model doesn't change, it certainly doesn't factor in a "coaching" aspect. It's likely the product of rosters finalizing ie players withdrawing from the draft, late portal additions, etc

On 7/8/2024 at 10:33 AM, Schreckbagger said:

True fans don't boo their team. Twist it any which way your little mind desires to make you feel better, but any reasonable person knew what CMW "true fans" comment was about. Go boo your boss in a staff meeting and see what happens.

I spanked my  young children when they did wrong. They have done things as teens I didn't agree with and I have voiced my displeasure with their actions and taken away driving privileges and/or grounded them .  Funny thing is I still love them and are a true fan of the men they have become.

If I had a boss I don't think she would take well to those actions either...well, since this is hypothetical maybe I will imagine having a hot kinky boss.

Speaking of how some on here are claimed to be "burner" accounts supporting Woodson, and how the IU administration has bots on social media defending CMW.....has anyone provided any substance to those claims yet?

Jus askin......for a Grandpa allowed on the internet.

I mean, if you’ve followed #iubb on Twitter long enough a blind squirrel can spot the change in, not only active accounts, but unified messaging. Woody hasn’t done enough to merit that kind of support merely on results. It’s certainly coordinated. Or copy cat.

I guess, in the long run, it’s whatever to me. I want Indiana to be great and respected again. If a strong Twitter contention helps that and results follow I can live with that. The “True Fans” will join the chorus if the results match and it will be epic and fun.

Let’s hope.

5 minutes ago, Trish said:

What's been going on here lately?

Anyways, the non-conference schedule in November for IUBB is extremely weak. Looks like Woodson wants to get to 20 wins as soon as possible next year to assure he's "doing his job". 

It's 10x harder this November than it was last November once you factor in Battle for Atlantis. South Carolina was a tournament team last year and UNC-Greensboro is no slouch. 

8 minutes ago, Trish said:

What's been going on here lately?

Anyways, the non-conference schedule in November for IUBB is extremely weak. Looks like Woodson wants to get to 20 wins as soon as possible next year to assure he's "doing his job". 

Oh, the usual June and July doldrums and complaints because we haven't won men's basketball games during the off-season.  

And, generally, the non-conference games look more competitive across the board.

But, hey, it is easy to say something negative.  It takes no preparation.  

25 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I mean, if you’ve followed #iubb on Twitter long enough a blind squirrel can spot the change in, not only active accounts, but unified messaging. Woody hasn’t done enough to merit that kind of support merely on results. It’s certainly coordinated. Or copy cat.

I guess, in the long run, it’s whatever to me. I want Indiana to be great and respected again. If a strong Twitter contention helps that and results follow I can live with that. The “True Fans” will join the chorus if the results match and it will be epic and fun.

Let’s hope.

Don't mean to go down a rabbit hole, but the Tyme account also was using Tweet Hunter Pro. The user was asked about it and tweeted that he had no idea how it got on his account and he was removing access. When I googled that service, this was the result

"Tweet Hunter is an all-in-one Twitter growth tool, designed to help you grow and monetize your Twitter audience. Our goal is to make is as easy as possible for you to create high-performing content, build an audience around your topics of expertise, monetize and attract opportunities. Tweet Hunter helps you at every stage of growing a Twitter account. Whether it’s to create more and better tweets and threads, increase their reach, improve the business ROI they drive, or even engage with other people. We have developed an advanced, Twitter-dedicated AI engine as well as custom features that exist nowhere else in the market." 7 Day free trial, then $49/mo.

There is no way that you set that up by accident, considering it's a paid service.

We already know Tyme is unique from other IUBB burners on twitter/actually connected to someone. I don't personally think the IU administration is paying for an army of bots to defend Woody, but I think somebody with ties to Woody is helping push back on criticism of him. Woody would be unaware of anything going on in the background to that end, if anything of that sort is actually happening. 

I don't think it's all an army of bots, (though it's Twitter, so there certainly are plenty of them) but one key influencer (Tyme) offering a counter narrative and trying to amplify it with paid tools and private group chats, etc. Get a few bigger accounts (real people) to buy into their message and then from there, their work is largely done and the discourse plays out for the fanbase to take sides. 

The vitriol likely coming from bots / being a byproduct of the building tension that already exists throughout today's society. It's an election year. And apparently you're "woke" (according to shrekbag) if you don't think Woody is a good coach. Not sure how that one adds up...

21 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Oh, the usual June and July doldrums and complaints because we haven't won men's basketball games during the off-season.  

And, generally, the non-conference games look more competitive across the board.

I totally agree that the offseason doldrums and complaints are repetitive. But as you say, can't win games in the offseason. 

It is easy to say something negative because we're coming off a very negative season. Some people are able to be more optimistic than others coming off that year. Some are more forgiving than others. If everyone was singing kumbaya, we believe in you Woody, you are the best HC we could ever have... the program would not be in any better shape and the conversation here would be just as not insightful as it is today. There is nothing of true substance to discuss at this point of the year for IUBB other than the non-con schedule today. 

We don't need to prepare to speak on the state of the program. The team needs to prepare to win.

In the meantime, some will be more content to be hopeful and others will reserve praise until further down the line. 

Let’s hope.

Not much into Twitter (X), but that's an awful lot of dots (and a few dashes) to try to connect, and claim a coordinated effort.

I'm sorry if I was misunderstood. I was asking for something of substance.

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I think the men's basketball program has won the off-season with the portal additions! 

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It will get ugly if we lose to anyone outside of Atlantis. I wasn't expecting anything this soft as our schedule. 

They'll most likely play three P5 teams in Atlantis and then another P5 team in South Carolina. Every team in America schedules 5-6 "cupcakes", why is this any different?

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It will get ugly if we lose to anyone outside of Atlantis. I wasn't expecting anything this soft as our schedule. 

It's a new team. They're young. They need to learn to play together. Mike Woodson can't hit shots for them. It's not Mike Woodson's job to get shooters shots. Mike Woodson isn't going to talk about the over helping on defense leaving 3-point shooters wide open, he just isn't.

Just now, AH1971 said:

They'll most likely play three P5 teams in Atlantis and then another P5 team in South Carolina. Every team in America schedules 5-6 "cupcakes", why is this any different?

It's different because Atlantis is one of the weaker lineups in the history of that tournament. South Carolina is not supposed to be anywhere close to what they were last season. Then we have a bunch of bad teams. Thanksgiving will be exciting but after that just a blah schedule. 

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

It's a new team. They're young. They'll need to learn to play together. Mike Woodson can't hit shots for them. It's not Mike Woodson's job to get shooters shots. Mike Woodson isn't going to talk about the over helping on defense leaving 3-point shooters wide open, he just isn't.

But of course Mike Woodson made this schedule :-)