Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

My hot take that's probably wrong is Tyme/NGW is Yasir Rosemond.

He clearly is attached to the staff, if not on it. The only way someone could possibly be that confident is if they were getting all their information in real-time directly from the staff.

10 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

He clearly is attached to the staff, if not on it. The only way someone could possibly be that confident is if they were getting all their information in real-time directly from the staff.

I originally thought it was his wife

33 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He gives off real fan or true fan vibes. Comes off really arrogant to me. JMO though. 

I’m not a big fan and frankly wish he wouldn’t have returned so we’d have another scholarship to use. Though Woody probably would’ve just left it open. 

19 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Plus someone would only get that angry if they’re personally invested in IU’s outcomes, imo. I don’t think he’s actually on the staff but I do think there’s a strong possibility he’s attached to the staff. 

35 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Is this the twitter account that keeps getting posted in there?

Just now, Feathery said:

Have you noticed the same accounts respond to him in a positive manner. I’ve identified 2-3 that are clear burners imo. 

I haven't because he blocked me. But it doesn't surprise me at all Towards the end of the season you could see a lot of burners for IUBB

Just now, 68Hoosier said:

So is this someone on Twitter or another social media platform?  I am lost, which is not hard for me.  I don't follow those at all.

Yeah. NGW who was a poster here and left. He/she started a Twitter acct by the name Tyme. And posts arrogant posts about being right and other insiders being wrong and strokes Woodsons ego regularly. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Yeah. NGW who was a poster here and left. He/she started a Twitter acct by the name Tyme. And posts arrogant posts about being right and other insiders being wrong and strokes Woodsons ego regularly. 

That's what i figured.  

25 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Have you noticed the same accounts respond to him in a positive manner. I’ve identified 2-3 that are clear burners imo. 

Hoosier in Texas is definitely one of them. 

39 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I haven't because he blocked me. But it doesn't surprise me at all Towards the end of the season you could see a lot of burners for IUBB

What I find interesting about them is that, if they indeed are representing what the staff is thinking with regards to who to target then if we end up with something wildly different, we will not be fooled by some spin.  Conversely, if they hit on their goals and those players end up being duds then it suggests they have trouble evaluating.  Lastly, if they hit on targets and those pan out then maybe they do have a solid strategy with this new portal approach.  

Certainly you can go after a kid as a priority and still miss but over the entirety of the portal approach we use to build a team for next year we can use this as a "general direction" for portal recruiting (per Tyme).

• 3/4 guards - he notes this is pending some things (not sure what these are)
  • 1 at the 4 position
  • 2 - 5's but 1 that is a stretch and 1 that is a strong defender.

Heavy hints towards Rice, Wolf, Hickman, Perkins, and some for Tyson (Belmont) and Carlyle. Again good coaches do not win them all but I think this general direction and these names could give us a nice barometer for how to grade the staffs efforts in the portal. 

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

What I find interesting about them is that, if they indeed are representing what the staff is thinking with regards to who to target then if we end up with something wildly different, we will not be fooled by some spin.  Conversely, if they hit on their goals and those players end up being duds then it suggests they have trouble evaluating.  Lastly, if they hit on targets and those pan out then maybe they do have a solid strategy with this new portal approach.  

Certainly you can go after a kid as a priority and still miss but over the entirety of the portal approach we use to build a team for next year we can use this as a "general direction" for portal recruiting (per Tyme).

• 3/4 guards - he notes this is pending some things (not sure what these are)
  • 1 at the 4 position
  • 2 - 5's but 1 that is a stretch and 1 that is a strong defender.

Heavy hints towards Rice, Wolf, Hickman, Perkins, and some for Tyson (Belmont) and Carlyle. Again good coaches do not win them all but I think this general direction and these names could give us a nice barometer for how to grade the staffs efforts in the portal. 

Wolf isn’t even looking at us unless something changed.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Wolf isn’t even looking at us unless something changed.

There was some discussion about him after he was added to Tony Adragna’s tracker recently. Not sure if much to it beyond that. 

21 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

There was some discussion about him after he was added to Tony Adragna’s tracker recently. Not sure if much to it beyond that. 

According to our old buddy it has been in the works for weeks...and honestly, I think Tyme could be full of **** too.  Most of the stuff he posts is cryptic bull **** that could be taken almost any way you want after the fact.  Furthermore, he only "confirms" names after others start to drop them and then points back to cryptic bull **** from a week prior and says, "See...told ya so."  For what it is worth, I saw the Wolf kid pop up as soon as he entered the portal.  Any of us could post like Tyme does.  He hasn't dropped one name before any of the people he says don't have the goods.

I know you read this you bull **** artist.  Tell us something we don't know already.