Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

I'd guess all three go to a mid-major for far less money that they're getting here. Of course, I'd also suspect that Woodson is using low-ball NIL to "crean" a few guys.

This is my thinking, spring Creaning because given everything we have heard from Woody I think he genuinely believes he can rebuild the roster buying better players and be successful next season. We are like three weeks removed from the "inside-out" comment and a couple from "I have done my job" and one from "not enough talent." Cognitive dissonance is helluva drug. 

This is my thinking, spring Creaning because given everything we have heard from Woody I think he genuinely believes he can rebuild the roster buying better players and be successful next season. We are like three weeks removed from the "inside-out" comment and a couple from "I have done my job" and one from "not enough talent." Cognitive dissonance is helluva drug. 
I still don't see how he is going to get any good guards unless all they care about is money. He has nothing to sell them but money

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

On 3/19/2024 at 12:48 PM, OKHOOSIER said:

Yeah, the "not enough talent" thing sticks in my craw. He had THREE 5-stars and more "stars" than anyone in the B1G conference. Maybe if he tried a more current scheme he'd have a chance. Or, just be stubborn and keep losing. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Woody gonna try to back up the brinks truck for Ware isn’t he?  lol. 

IF he does that, he won't have any money left for the rest of the spots on the team. He's handing cash out like Oprah at Christmas.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Minimum of 6, likely 7 open spots to fill. The staff got one good one last year. Yeah, what could possibly go wrong.

With at least 2 of them, maybe 3 of them needing to be starters

IF he does that, he won't have any money left for the rest of the spots on the team. He's handing cash out like Oprah at Christmas.
Yep if he somehow got ware to stay it would cost him 3 million is my guess

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Indiana State's Ryan Conwell (likely portal once Schertz officially goes to Saint Louis), Oklahoma State's Javon Small and Stanford's Canaan Carlyle (from Atlanta so Yasir Rosemond knows him) will be priority targets. I think the first two on that list would be outstanding upgrades in the backcourt and would actually pair very nicely with each other as dual combo guards. Carlyle is talented but is a bit more of a potential player as opposed to a proven one. Still, I would not complain any of the three.

1 minute ago, HoosierHuddle said:

Indiana State's Ryan Conwell (likely portal once Schertz officially goes to Saint Louis), Oklahoma State's Javon Small and Stanford's Canaan Carlyle (from Atlanta so Yasir Rosemond knows him) will be priority targets. I think the first two on that list would be outstanding upgrades in the backcourt and would actually pair very nicely with each other as dual combo guards. Carlyle is talented but is a bit more of a potential player as opposed to a proven one. Still, I would not complain any of the three.

MSU is in the lead for Small 

1 minute ago, HoosierHuddle said:

This would work but there is just little room for error.