Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, cleeter said:

If you believe Trilly, and not saying do or dont, but he said the staff was told literally an hour before the news broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that’s the case. Let’s see your comments now Woodson. 

13 minutes ago, QuinnB(BOT)(Perfectin76) said:

Hey Partners, you guys need to quit running off these recruits so Coach Woodson can do his job. 

Trust the process!

Hey Quinny, we've been thinking it's high time you considered retirement, and we've put together a little 'Retirement Starter Kit' to sweeten the deal. First up, a lifetime supply of Werther's Originals, because what's retirement without a pocketful of candies to offer every person you meet? Then, we'll throw in a premium subscription to the Matlock and Murder She Wrote channels - think of the endless hours of detective bliss awaiting you!

But wait, there's more! A deluxe crossword puzzle book to keep that sharp mind of yours even sharper, and a VIP pass to the most exclusive Bingo nights in town - we hear the competition is fierce but fair. To keep those hands busy, a knitting and crocheting set, complete with yarn that matches the color of your favorite recliner. And, because we all know how much you love your Cabernet, a brand-new set of gardening tools for that prize-winning grape vine you're always going on about.

To top it all off, an endless playlist of Big Band music to serenade you through your days of leisure and a lifetime supply of stogies to enjoy while you're at it. So, what do you say, Quinny? Ready to trade in the 9-to-5 for a life of leisurely pursuits? We promise, it'll be a hoot!

Just now, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

I guess Liam wasn't interested in playing through the post. 

We should ask Painter what he thinks about playing through the post too. 

Just now, Home Jersey said:

I definitely believe he only told them an hour before it broke, especially if they haven't spoken to him since he signed as his mother apparently alleged. 

So who's the lead recruiter with Liam? So he's literally not speaking to him or telling Woody to check in? So he should be fired too. 

2 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I definitely believe he only told them an hour before it broke, especially if they haven't spoken to him since he signed as his mother apparently alleged. 

Honestly, if it’s true they haven’t spoken to him since he signed, then the entire staff needs to go. Thats coaching/recruiting malpractice. Tells me the entire staff is in over their heads. 

2 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

"I don't have to explain my recruiting or results to you or anyone else. I'm NOT going to answer that. I am comfortable in my own skin and I can recruit how and who I want. Is that all? Goodnight" ... gets up and staggers off the stage. 

That aged like milk, and wasn’t great to start with lol

Just now, Feathery said:

Honestly, if it’s true they haven’t spoken to him since he signed, then the entire staff needs to go. Thats coaching/recruiting malpractice. Tells me the entire staff is in over their heads. 

Well we signed him so he has to play for us next year right? 

Wait this isn't NBA free agency?

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sounds like he was backing out either way. MAYBE a different coach could have re-recruited him but not likely.

None of our staffs promises to him have come true.

Missing Fland and especially Queen was strike 1 and 2. Missing the tourney, playing ugly basketball, not staying in strong contact was strike 3, 4, 5.

The kid is too good to gamble on a coach. Might as well go to a program that has things figured out.

This was as predictable as anything if you followed the recruitment and then saw the events unfold afterwards.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

To be honest, I am not sure I want a guy who would commit to us right now. Ok, other than big men, who are we as a program?  I want kids who want to play against the best teams and expects to win those games. I know kids want to get to the NBA and we have done well with bigs but what is there for Liam to look at and say, I can’t wait to be part of that.  

If we are just going to attract guys because we have a lot of playing time open or have a lot of $ to give out is this likely to attract winners?  Not critical of Liam at all. I would have probably agreed with his decision today.  

16 minutes ago, Trish said:

@Chris007

Are you buying the staff knew this yesterday which explains why Dolson released the news of Woody staying? 

No... the reports that I've seen say he only told "Indiana" (not sure if it was Woodson, Walsh or someone else) about an hour before the published story broke.

I think it's more likely that the decision to decommit had been made earlier (report said "quite a while ago"), waiting to see what was happening with Woodson before announcing it... word that Woodson was coming back forced Liam to have to ask for a release instead of getting the almost automatic release associated with a coaching change.

All I know is what I read... the rest is speculation on my part. But it makes sense to me.

5 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

"I don't have to explain my recruiting or results to you or anyone else. I'm NOT going to answer that. I am comfortable in my own skin and I can recruit how and who I want. Is that all? Goodnight" ... gets up and staggers off the stage. 

Do you happen to have a link to a video of this?

33 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I posted earlier here what I read on the Liam decommitment thread... according to that post, Liam had decided to decommit earlier, and was waiting to see what was going to happen with Woodson to announce. If Woodson was fired, the coaching change clause make leaving easier... when the announcement came that Woodson was coming back, Liam had to go the harder route...

This makes a lot of sense.

Do you happen to have a link to a video of this?
Lol. It's a joke. Woodson said something similar to a reporter a few games back. But not about recruiting

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk