Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Oh I think it's accurate but just remember we don't know what Bruce's intentions are yet. Or Bruce could be feeling like he wants to come to IU and Auburn is going to throw the kitchen sink at him. Both can be true. 

Also, people need to remember Trilly isn't one person, he is multiple people who are well connected in CBB. Maybe a writer, maybe an agent who knows. 

Pearl could want movement on a basketball only facility or something too. Auburn doesn't have a basketball only facility.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Pearl could want movement on a basketball only facility or something too. Auburn doesn't have a basketball only facility.

Or he could want them to name his son as the coach in waiting. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hopefully they're saving them for the next staff.

That's interesting.  When you have a head coaching change, do the restrictions on visits and recruiting days reset so the new guy has a completely fresh start or is he stuck with whatever numbers of visits and days the ousted coach left on the table?

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That's interesting.  When you have a head coaching change, do the restrictions on visits and recruiting days reset so the new guy has a completely fresh start or is he stuck with whatever numbers of visits and days the ousted coach left on the table?

Sounds like a question for @Uspshoosier

I'm surprised IU didn't write each recruit a nice hand written letter and send it by pigeon the way were going

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Or he could want them to name his son as the coach in waiting. 

I always wondered what what would've happened had RMK not been let go. My guess is that a few more years down the line, he would have tried to pass the program to Pat -- and i think that would've been ugly. 

Is Pearl going to end up at IU? Very unlikely... as others have pointed out, probably just leveraging this to have his son named HC in waiting, get a bball only facility, whatever else he wants at a program where he's the basketball GOAT... 

Would probably take a Godfather-like offer from Dolson to convince Pearl to take the opportunity to jump at his "dream job" ... I feel like once you've reached a certain level of success, that whole concept goes out the window a bit. But you never know what strings can be pulled or what the circumstances are... so I am just happy to hear from credible people Dolson is doing his due diligence and not sitting on his hands...

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I always wondered what what would've happened had RMK not been let go. My guess is that a few more years down the line, he would have tried to pass the program to Pat -- and i think that would've been ugly. 

Didn't workout so well at TT

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

There is a cap on the number of recruiting days in total.  @Uspshoosier is the expert on the subject.

I should have read the entire thread first as our mailman had already responded.

I think its like 7 per recruit per year and 100 total days.  To sit home when big games are going on a few hours away is malpractice. 

8 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Is Pearl going to end up at IU? Very unlikely... as others have pointed out, probably just leveraging this to have his son named HC in waiting, get a bball only facility, whatever else he wants at a program where he's the basketball GOAT... 

Would probably take a Godfather-like offer from Dolson to convince Pearl to take the opportunity to jump at his "dream job" ... I feel like once you've reached a certain level of success, that whole concept goes out the window a bit. But you never know what strings can be pulled or what the circumstances are... so I am just happy to hear from credible people Dolson is doing his due diligence and not sitting on his hands...

Do you think 6 years 51 million gets the job done?

Just now, Home Jersey said:

Haven't the foggiest idea for Bruce Pearl but that deal would certainly work for me lol

We are so excited to announce that we are bringing Jersey back to Bloomington. I can already hear Dolson saying it

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Do you think 6 years 51 million gets the job done?

Just curious.... A lot of people wanted Crean gone in 2014, but the buyout of $10M+ was constantly floated as the reason we couldn't make a move if we wanted to... Now, seemingly Dolson can buy out the football and Basketball coach, and it seems possible that IU might have $8.5M a year for a new coach... Walk me though why Fred Glass unable to buy out any of the football and basketball coaches and land a huge whale, where as Dolson seems extremely capable?