Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

46 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think Cuban has been scheduled to be in Bloomington this weekend for a while since the Mavs play the Pacers this afternoon. But since he sold the Mavs he can be a better donor. Hopefully Dolson had lunch with him today or even better invited the Simons to join them also. But the Simons seem to be on the side of Quinn. They enjoy the party after the game with Woody.

Mark definitely has a pulse when it comes to IU bb. It will be interesting to see where his interests lie moving forward. It seems everyone tracks when Mark follows IU players on Twitter. I wonder if he does the same for specific college coaches? JMO 

Watching Purdue at Michigan today.  There's almost as many Purdue fans there as there are Michigan fans.  This is where IU is heading under Woodson.  Fan apathy is going to set in, and attendance will be poor.  The program has lost any momentum.  A change is necessary.  
Yep it's going to be very ugly next year.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Would not be surprising at all. Quinn is likely going to try and strong arm dolson.

I get the dedication and respect to a friend, but at some point you have to read the room.

I get the dedication and respect to a friend, but at some point you have to read the room.

Just think quinn might end up being the one who totally destroys the program. Be mad at Woodson but wuinn in the end makes the call.

Just think quinn might end up being the one who totally destroys the program. Be mad at Woodson but wuinn in the end makes the call.

I’ve been saying this. Buckner is the issue, and this whole clown show is 100% on him. Ironic that the IU basketball program that made him is being held hostage and/or being destroyed by him.

Yes, Trilly himself did say that. Said Dolson wants to make a change but is handcuffed by Buckner and donors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donors I kind of get but also dont understand. If you were donating money wouldn't you want the best available coach? Buckner is a goofball if all this is true. It's ok to be friends but iu basketball is a business and bigger than just him and Woodson. Woodson is failing and should be fired. It's not a bad thing and Woodson shouldn't be mad. Sometimes things for whatever reason don't work out. This isn't complicated

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Donors I kind of get but alsondont understand. If you were donating money wouldn't you want the best available coach? Buckner is a goofball if all this is true. It's ik to be friends but iu basketball is a business and bigger than just him and Woodson. Woodson is failing and should be fired. It's not a bad thing and Woodson shouldn't be mad. Sometimes things for whatever reason don't work out. This isn't complicated

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I haven’t known a lot of big donors, but a couple I have known love access to the coach and the program in exchange for their money.  I don’t know, but maybe Woodson is giving them that more than other coaches would.

I’ve been saying this. Buckner is the issue, and this whole clown show is 100% on him. Ironic that the IU basketball program that made him is being held hostage and/or being destroyed by him.
At this point was does iu even have an AD he is a figurehead. Might as well fire dolson and save the money.

41 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Hiring friends is always an awful idea. Awful

So would promising the son of a head coach that he would take over when dad retires.

Would potentially open the university and its treasure chest to all kinds of nepotism and discrimination lawsuits.