Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

8 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Without looking at years... what would you say if this coach came available... 

image.thumb.png.9272cd9633cf279109336eddbfe5f3f0.png

That's Cal, and yes please. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think there is more to it than just that. It's what he is saying like he is untouchable, losing Queen, how were playing and losing. No Accountability and we could lose like 8 out of our last 10 games or something like that.

That's why I kept phrasing it as of right now the plan is for him to get his 4th year unless it goes off the rails. We're off now

No way it improves by the end of the year! Staff and players won't get it done and that's what needs to happen to fire his tired *ss!

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Bruce Pearl was the head coach at USI, my alma mater, for 9 years. He gets Indiana basketball. Go google his comments before the IU-Auburn game about Indiana Basketball. I remember reading it at the time thinking "Holy cow, I think this guy would want to be here". 

I don't like how the media paints Bruce Pearl to be dirty. Bruce still is in contact with his D2 players from USI. I've shared the story on here but I coached with someone who played for Bruce. He doesn't big time anybody. He cares about them. Invites them to games all the time to sit in practice and go in the locker room during games. He is references for all these guys.

People in Evansville have amazing things to say about him. USI basketball was equivalent to Nebraska basketball in D2. He turned them into a powerhouse. Without his success in the 90's, Herdes and Watson probably don't go to Elite 8's and USI isn't D1 right now. 

Is he guaranteed to win a National Title here? Heck no. But his track record at USI, Miluwakee, Tennessee, and Auburn tell me two things: 

1) He will change the culture. 

2) He will win. His teams compete for conference titles as well as National Titles. 

He's a dynamic, successful coach. I will wholeheartedly get behind him and it'll be a blast if Woody is gone and Pearl is our guy.

That being said, for me? I prefer Dusty May.

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Mick Cronin is getting a lot of talk on other sites like Peegs. He's unhappy at UCLA because of their NIL program is rumored to be a candidate at UL & OSU.

I prefer Dusty myself but Mick is interesting

I think I read Cronin has a huge buyout.  I also read that UCLA might want to part ways with Cronin, so maybe they are willing to waive it.

Honestly, the way Woody has handled pressers is probably more damning and off-putting than the piss poor results this season. It shows that there is no accountability for himself, he didn't and doesn't have a coherent plan, and did not expect things to be this difficult. 

If he had just given measured and mature responses to most of the questions, there wouldn't be as much heat as there is. 

Everything I've heard is that he is a really good dude and a really loyal person so I don't want this to sounds like anything against him as a person. It's the "him as a college basketball head coach" that is the major concern. 

39 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Ahhh...no.

There's a reason that we are all discussing Bruce Pearl. My expert investigative skills make me think that trilly identified Pearl as IU's prime target should Woody be gone.

I was under the assumption that we wouldn’t  pay Woodson and pay Pearl. That’s why I was thinking Dusty. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

He's a dynamic, successful coach. I will wholeheartedly get behind him and it'll be a blast if Woody is gone and Pearl is our guy.

That being said, for me? I prefer Dusty May.

Dusty excites me too. Younger, Indiana guy, hoosier native, rumored to really want the job too. He too changed the culture at FAU. What's impressive is he was able to keep his team together after last years run. Almost impossible to do in the transfer/NIL era. He's 1B for me. Just not as proven as Bruce to be 1A. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I texted by buddy that I would buy him a steak dinner if he could get Bruce Pearl back to Indiana. lol

This board would buy your buddy so many steak dinners if he managed to pull that one off :farting_smiley:

1 minute ago, ISP said:

Honestly, the way Woody has handled pressers is probably more damning and off-putting than the piss poor results this season. It shows that there is no accountability for himself, he didn't and doesn't have a coherent plan, and did not expect things to be this difficult. 

If he had just given measured and mature responses to most of the questions, there wouldn't be as much heat as there is. 

Everything I've heard is that he is a really good dude and a really loyal person so I don't want this to sounds like anything against him as a person. It's the "him as a college basketball head coach" that is the major concern. 

One thing I heard about Crean was the IU administration was getting fed up with him. I wonder if the same thing is going on here...the admin is getting tired of his excuses and no accountability. 

I don't like how the media paints Bruce Pearl to be dirty. Bruce still is in contact with his D2 players from USI. I've shared the story on here but I coached with someone who played for Bruce. He doesn't big time anybody. He cares about them. Invites them to games all the time to sit in practice and go in the locker room during games. He is references for all these guys.

A lot of it is perception... John Wooden cheated before cheating was cool. Sam Gilbert provided the grease for anything and anyone that the wizard wanted... cars, cash, "jobs", and no one batted an eye... Wooden gets credit for that incredible 88-game undefeated streak and 10 NCAA championships... but he was cheating the whole time.

So, who really is the winner here?

3 minutes ago, BH33 said:

That's Cal, and yes please. 

It's not out of the question for a UK coach to turn heel.. lol 

Would definitely be interesting because UK wants him gone. Not sure what's happened to him over last few years.. if its NIL at UK or why it hasn't been working for him. 

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

This board would buy your buddy so many steak dinners if he managed to pull that one off :farting_smiley:

haha..I'll say this they are still very close. We will see if I hear anything in the next month. He tipped me off about Gouard getting the USI job. 

Dusty excites me too. Younger, Indiana guy, hoosier native, rumored to really want the job too. He too changed the culture at FAU. What's impressive is he was able to keep his team together after last years run. Almost impossible to do in the transfer/NIL era. He's 1B for me. Just not as proven as Bruce to be 1A. 

Agreed.

In this era, getting his top eight to return with P5 and major NIL being offered is extraordinary.

I think there is more to it than just that. It's what he is saying like he is untouchable, losing Queen, how were playing and losing. No Accountability and we could lose like 8 out of our last 10 games or something like that.
That's why I kept phrasing it as of right now the plan is for him to get his 4th year unless it goes off the rails. We're off now
I think we are and his arrogance about being untouchable is really just the final straw. But I keep hearing from some what a nice guy he is. He doesn't sound that nice to me he sounds arrogant and aloof.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

I think we are and his arrogance about being untouchable is really just the final straw. But I keep hearing from some what a nice guy he is. He doesn't sound that nice to me he sounds arrogant and aloof.

If he comes back next year, I will not think he is a nice guy. Lol

One thing I heard about Crean was the IU administration was getting fed up with him. I wonder if the same thing is going on here...the admin is getting tired of his excuses and no accountability. 

Depends on who the "administration" is... Dolson may be moving that direction... but is Buckner ready to call it?

And I guess that's the part that I just don't get. Buckner is who he is because of Indiana... basketball career, and now chair of the BoT... does he not see the truth? Or is he just stuck on getting it his way? It really is mind-baffling.

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

Super nice outside of basketball. I think he thinks he knows more about basketball than anyone else because he's been in the game for so long. But that doesn't mean you know more about basketball. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'd be happy w Dusty or Pearl. I think Pearl is more a sure fire you know wha you will get. But Dusty has taken FAU to as many Final 4s in just 5 years as what Pearl has in 25 years. Give me either and I am in heaven. 

Just now, Capt. Crimson said:

It's not out of the question for a UK coach to turn heel.. lol 

Would definitely be interesting because UK wants him gone. Not sure what's happened to him over last few years.. if its NIL at UK or why it hasn't been working for him. 

I've been having these weird scenarios play through in my head where I see UK and Cal part ways and he ends up at IU. I even texted my former college roommate about it this morning after we finished our gripe session from last night's game.