Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Does anyone need to see more than this? I expect to see Chris on here tomorrow saying he thinks he's back but no one is happy lol. Who the hell could possibly be happy with this! Not a knock on you chris I just laugh when you say Noone is happy lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I said it from the day it was rumored Indiana was talking with Mike Woodson. It was never going to work out. The NBA is not college basketball. He had zero job market outside the NBA. Why would Indiana offer him the contract they did for someone who had zero market? 

He’s clueless, he’s stuck on the old school style of basketball. The program is just as stale as it was under Archie Miller. 

Mile Woodson must retire at the end of the year to save the fan base and the program before its complete ashes. I expect lots of players will leave this spring, the future has never been more bleak! 

Just now, coonhounds said:

Does anyone need to see more than this? I expect to see Chris on here tomorrow saying he thinks he's back but no one is happy lol. Who the hell could possibly be happy with this! Not a knock on you chris I just laugh when you say Noone is happy lol

I'd be a lot more surprised if Chris came on here and said he thinks he'll be gone. It's just how athletic departments operate. Coaches are employed until they aren't, and they don't want any leaks if a change is coming. It's not fair to the coaches or the players. 

Even if this staff adds players in the portal, does anyone here actually believe that this staff can coach them up and compete? Play a style of ball that can win? I don’t. 

Other than guards, this team has so much more talent than northwestern. 

this team is worse than any Archie team and I thought those days were outliers. 

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I don't think Chris is happy. I think Chris is conveying that his friends that make the decisions will give him a year regardless. Because buddies.  Chris my apologies if I misrepresented you. 

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

Even if this staff adds players in the portal, does anyone here actually believe that this staff can coach them up and compete? Play a style of ball that can win? I don’t. 

NO.

NO.
Gotta get real assistant coaches for this to work. These are supposed to be recruiters and they can't even do that. If woodson stays he has to clean house on the coaching staff

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Referred to him as Kory instead of Flory...I'd forgotten about that one. I was assured at the time that butchering a recruit's name was no big deal and wouldn't factor into his decision, although this was when we were still in the honeymoon phase of the Woodson era. 

He also called TJD, Tracy Jackson Davis!   Old guy move!

1 minute ago, maharkn said:

Gotta get real assistant coaches for this to work. These are supposed to be recruiters and they can't even do that. If woodson stays he has to clean house on the coaching staff

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

He'll probably replace them with more yes men so nothing changes.

Just now, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Is it my imagination? Or has it looked like Woody has given up on the season? A couple times I've noticed in a timeout he sat there. I could be reading way to much into it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

What do you expect him to do? Coach?

I don't think Chris is happy. I think Chris is conveying that his friends that make the decisions will give him a year regardless. Because buddies.  Chris my apologies if I misrepresented you. 
Yes I know!

13 minutes ago, Trish said:

I said it from the day it was rumored Indiana was talking with Mike Woodson. It was never going to work out. The NBA is not college basketball. He had zero job market outside the NBA. Why would Indiana offer him the contract they did for someone who had zero market? 

He’s clueless, he’s stuck on the old school style of basketball. The program is just as stale as it was under Archie Miller. 

Mile Woodson must retire at the end of the year to save the fan base and the program before its complete ashes. I expect lots of players will leave this spring, the future has never been more bleak! 

I think the vast majority of the fanbase had a “WTF” reaction to the hire. You had some sunshine pumpers trying to convince us that it was a good move, but most saw it for what it was - an atrocious, unserious hire.