Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 hours ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Great point! If Woodson loves IU like I suspect, is there a chance his buyout/retirement package is lower? I'm probably being naïve, but he's made millions at IU and has lifechanging money. Will he give an IU discount? Is the buyout even a big deal? Someone mentioned TV money of 100 million.

If I were Dolson, and I had a coach lined up, I would do everything I could to convince Woody to retire and take an advisory role in the program. Make him feel like he’s taking part, while simultaneously hanging the carrot of time freedom. He won’t be able to resist. He can golf and relax all he wants. 

That would likely cost much less than the buyout, as it currently sits. I think the donors on Woody’s side would be able to stomach that too. Winning will help them get over things much quicker, irregardless of how Woody’s coaching tenure ends. . 

6 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

But Woodson can say I got all new players. Another nice excuse

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

And he could say the program had to hit reset. Nevermind that his botched handling is the reason for the reset.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He'll be saying that anyways.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Yep... "we're young, still getting to know each other" ... and there will be a brand new hump to get over, as well.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I saw a plane leaving Bloomington headed to Teterboro airport. Isn't that where we thought Stevens was meeting up with them last time? @Trish

So, what you're saying is we got Stevens on the hook now and he will be taking over at the end of this year.  <LOL>

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Any chance it's taking Woodson back to New York? 

Actually, I did see one leaving from Bloomington going to White Planes NY this afternoon. Must be taking Isiah home or a Woodson family member. I'm slowly starting to look at them each morning

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:

As far as watching IU/Cook flight plans, I think most meeting end up in a neutral spot, sometimes without getting off the plane. I could be wrong....

Or in a Airport conference room

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I saw a plane leaving Bloomington headed to Teterboro airport. Isn't that where we thought Stevens was meeting up with them last time? @Trish

KBED was the airport in Boston we were focused on. White Plains was Woody. I still have a screenshot of the plane that went from Bloomington to the Bahamas to Boston we were all focused on. lol 

Just now, Chris007 said:

You have to think….. if negotiations got that far along last time, and we were within a camels hair of landing him, that there has to be something inside of him that really wants this job…… I don't care how he broke our heart last time. Make the call…….

also, I just want to say to Dolson….,  feel free to bring me in to close the deal. I’ll do anything to get him here…..anything.