Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Purdue - Tuesday, 01.16.24 @ 7:00

6 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Against us they mainly played 6 meaningful minutes. I don't think playing 3 minutes in a game  being in the rotation.

Against us? The game where they played more bench players than we did with a fraction of the foul trouble?

5 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

No, we don’t because Fife, Lewis etc all “acted that way.”  I even posted an interview few days ago with Fife talking about getting into fist fights with his own teammates because the crap like X did he would do all the time and got a reputation for it around the b10. 

but to you and others outraged over his nut grab- Fife was tough - X is a head-case 

also funny how all the Beard fanboys all hate X. The irony. 

X isn’t good enough to act like that when he isn’t playing well. There’s your difference.

Just now, Ngw7183 said:

So you change your tune?  so it is his play? So it is fine if he plays well?  You must be a politician. 

Either way, I would argue Fife wasn’t very good either when he was doing all that but he was a DOG. 

We also forget X was plenty solid early on. (Didn’t say great) Way better than Cupps now. You add that version of X back with better 3p shooting, better version of MM etc. 

said it multiple times now. Very few here played at a high level. Unless you have personally went through to major injuries as a top athlete, you have no idea how that affects someone mentally. The toughest athletes there are, struggle to get back. 

Not even sure what your argument on this is anymore other than get rid of him because you said so. 

I don’t have an argument. Just sick and tired of people like you excusing his behavior. He’s 24 years old. There’s zero accountability from anybody associated with the program and it’s the been that way two decades. 

Just now, Ngw7183 said:

nobody is “excusing” his “behavior” -  you know damn well you would have praised any of Knight's boys for playing tough. This stuff happens all the time. (This is when you tell me it is about his 90mph joy ride or something and change the subject again) 

“He is 24, he should know better” - not like he beat up his girlfriend, bit her, choked her, etc and then went back to drinking after he “apologized” and said he was done with it.  

But you are all about accountability for Taco Bell incidents for 18 year olds. You made that clear as well. 

don’t worry, done responding to you. You can’t reason with someone who can’t see the obvious. 

Playing hard and punching somebody in the nuts are two different things, jfc. And it’s the third time he’s done it since he’s been here.

Go to bed.

nobody is “excusing” his “behavior” -  you know damn well you would have praised any of Knight's boys for playing tough. This stuff happens all the time. (This is when you tell me it is about his 90mph joy ride or something and change the subject again) 
“He is 24, he should know better” - not like he beat up his girlfriend, bit her, choked her, etc and then went back to drinking after he “apologized” and said he was done with it.  
But you are all about accountability for Taco Bell incidents for 18 year olds. You made that clear as well. 
don’t worry, done responding to you. You can’t reason with someone who can’t see the obvious. 
I agree with some of what you're saying and disagree with some. Overall balanced lol. Mbagko made bad choices, which is a sign, but he hasn't since. You're right that Fife, Lewis, Sheehey etc did some questionable things and were "tough" but X does them and he's a thug. Not fair. Dude is playing poorly which is my problem with him. Double standards exist everywhere in life and his "dirty" play is the latest example compared to other "tough" guys. I am sick of people bashing him considering he's played his @$$ off for this university for 90% of the time he's been here. Always great results? No, but the effort has been there a vast majority of the time. I, for one, hope he gets his **** together on the court and at least has some individual success before the year is done. As for the team....it's a lost cause. Idk I've had some bourbon tonight so I may be saying dumb crap lol. Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the tylenol?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, rcs29 said:

I agree with some of what you're saying and disagree with some. Overall balanced lol. Mbagko made bad choices, which is a sign, but he hasn't since. You're right that Fife, Lewis, Sheehey etc did some questionable things and were "tough" but X does them and he's a thug. Not fair. Dude is playing poorly which is my problem with him. Double standards exist everywhere in life and his "dirty" play is the latest example compared to other "tough" guys. I am sick of people bashing him considering he's played his @$$ off for this university for 90% of the time he's been here. Always great results? No, but the effort has been there a vast majority of the time. I, for one, hope he gets his **** together on the court and at least has some individual success before the year is done. As for the team....it's a lost cause. Idk I've had some bourbon tonight so I may be saying dumb crap lol. Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the tylenol?

Right. The whole “X punched someone in the nuts” nonsense is old.  First he got tangled with the guy and got a little aggressive down there.  Ended up ejected which was BS, but is what it is.  Bad time for that to happen.  It’s not the crime of the century, so give it a rest.  He needs to get back to plying form and start making a positive difference.  

7 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

I don’t have an argument. Just sick and tired of people like you excusing his behavior. He’s 24 years old. There’s zero accountability from anybody associated with the program and it’s the been that way two decades. 

And he was appointed team captain!  There are higher standards and responsibilities for that position, IMO

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Right. The whole “X punched someone in the nuts” nonsense is old.  First he got tangled with the guy and got a little aggressive down there.  Ended up ejected which was BS, but is what it is.  Bad time for that to happen.  It’s not the crime of the century, so give it a rest.  He needs to get back to plying form and start making a positive difference.  

For me his on-court play has been the big disappointment this year.

That's where a talented 24 year old sixth year who has had some good stretches should be much better.

Is the X discourse going to last all year? Feel like everything that needs to be said on that matter has been said and everyone is talking in circles. It's mid-January the roster isn't changing time to hold on for the ride and see what happens but no amount of complaining is going to save the roster now it is what it is.

9 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Former huge X fan here,

I don't think it's the actions alone that have turned people off - it's a combination of things (not in order): 

1. Suspension during season last year

2. Flagrant fouls

3. Visible attitude since being benched

4. Run-ins with the law

Most fans overlooked the reckless driving and attempt to skate the repercussions and personally I'd had overlooked the poor on court display if it wasn't paired with #2,3. That being said I do not rag on the guy; it is in IU's interest if he can get over the hump as they say and revert to late 2022 form. Seems he's pressing and attempting to be too unselfish; he needs a game away from Assembly and our fans where he scores 15+ to get him back on track. Don't be fooled - as soon as he wins us a game, he'll be back in good graces with everyone (If he abuses Chucky tonight and pulls one out in the Kohl Center everyone will be singing his praises this weekend):farting_smiley:

48 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

Is the X discourse going to last all year? Feel like everything that needs to be said on that matter has been said and everyone is talking in circles. It's mid-January the roster isn't changing time to hold on for the ride and see what happens but no amount of bitching is going to save the roster now it is what it is.

It’s what happens when we have 3 WHOLE days between games. Just wait until after tonight when we don’t play til next Saturday. 

28 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It’s what happens when we have 3 WHOLE days between games. Just wait until after tonight when we don’t play til next Saturday. 

Oh trust me one of two things are going to happen after tonight. Either I am going to be glued to this board for a week or I am going to have to find a hobby lol.

20 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

No, we don’t because Fife, Lewis etc all “acted that way.”  I even posted an interview few days ago with Fife talking about getting into fist fights with his own teammates because the crap like X did he would do all the time and got a reputation for it around the b10. 

but to you and others outraged over his nut grab- Fife was tough - X is a head-case 

also funny how all the Beard fanboys all hate X. The irony. 

It’s not just the nut grab, it’s the entire thing, the sneaking out, NW suspension, jawing at the opposing players/refs, driving 90 in a 30, trying to switch drivers, nut grabbing, 2 flagrant fouls in two games and also what puts it over the top his inconsistent play and floor recognition.  He continues to drive in the paint and the opening isn’t there and he loses the ball but acts like he was fouled, flops around, throws his hands up in the air, then gestures to the ref.  And that isn’t even all of it, but that’s enough for me to have him get the heck out of Dodge.

17 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

It’s not just the nut grab, it’s the entire thing, the sneaking out, NW suspension, jawing at the opposing players/refs, driving 90 in a 30, trying to switch drivers, nut grabbing, 2 flagrant fouls in two games and also what puts it over the top his inconsistent play and floor recognition.  He continues to drive in the paint and the opening isn’t there and he loses the ball but acts like he was fouled, flops around, throws his hands up in the air, then gestures to the ref.  And that isn’t even all of it, but that’s enough for me to have him get the heck out of Dodge.

To add to that I believe he got a T on the bench while out with his injury last year.