Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

What I appreciate about Curt is his honesty.  He's admitted that the team, so far, stinks, but they are trying really hard to get better.  This is much better than Tom Allen dodging the subject and saying that they're giving 110% and LEO.  Cignetti understands the reality that he's inherited a bad program and it's not going to get good overnight.  They need time to get together and build confidence.

But more importantly, he also understands why we have spring games.

On 4/11/2024 at 7:52 PM, LIHoosier said:

I don't think Adidas has officially re-upped with IU and that contract ends in a couple months at the end of the academic year. Cigs is slyly forcing their hand haha.

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna miss them Indinia jerseys. 

I just recently listened to the most recent peegs podcast with cignetti's press conference where I believe he said "some guys came in acting like the old Indiana, and I had to give them a stern message" I'm almost certain that wasn't right but I think that was the gist of it and I absolutely loved it.

A pretty decent interview overall. If you've been paying attention to Coach Cig since the hire some of his comments you already knew. But there was some new stuff in there as well.

Breneman: "How's the NIL support been at Indiana?"

Cignetti: "It's really good. It's a lot more than what I was promised. I'll just put it that way."

I love Coach Cignetti’s latest comment….

“Wherever they are, we'll find them,” Cignetti said. “If we think they're a good fit and a good match, then we'll get them on campus.”