Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

2 hours ago, Josh said:

It is beyond ridiculous to call it a clown show, but bulletin board material is certainly real.  I question that part to call.out OSU and Mich as well.  But **** Purdoo.  They suck

It isn’t. What does it do? Make the other team mad? Why does that matter at all? You don’t win a game because your feelings are hurt. OSU and Michigan will still pound us but it isn’t because our coach yelled that they suck to sell season tickets. 

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Bostad is being kept 

He's one of a few (only one, maybe?) that did a good job so that makes sense. Isn't the whole OL in the portal? I wonder if this will get them to change their minds and stay.

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

He said his team was the least penalized team in their league the past couple of years. How many drives did our penalties kill for us or extend for our opponent. How many points did we lose or give away. Cleaning that up alone will get us a few more wins. Fundamentally sound and disciplined football is what I want as priority one.

Discipline which was sorely lacking under Allen

53 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It isn’t. What does it do? Make the other team mad? Why does that matter at all? You don’t win a game because your feelings are hurt. OSU and Michigan will still pound us but it isn’t because our coach yelled that they suck to sell season tickets. 

You really don't believe in players getting hyped up over perceived disrespect or "bulletin board material"?  I know Woody believes in it.  So did Coach Knight

1 minute ago, Josh said:

You really don't believe in players getting hyped up over perceived disrespect or "bulletin board material"?  I know Woody believes in it.  So did Coach Knight

Eight months before the game a coach saying “you suck” is bulletin board material?

Ah, no.

Now THIS is bulletin board material!

Purdue basketball's David Jenkins Jr. didn't hold back when asked about Fairleigh Dickinson's basketball coach Tobin Anderson's commentsabout the Boilermakers.

"The more I see Purdue, the more I think we can beat them," Anderson told his players in the locker room after Wednesday's win advanced the 16th-seeded Knights to face No. 1 Purdue on Friday night.

When asked about the comments Thursday, Jenkins Jr. smiled slightly and nodded.

"A couple of us first seen it on Twitter," Jenkins Jr. said. "It's just one of those things where it's fueling our fire. We went and watched today and they showed it after film to just fuel us up again. (Purdue coach Matt) Painter said it was disrespectful. We all took it as disrespectful. We're going to go into that game ready to play, trust me."

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

I believe in focusing on what actually matters. I’ve never once seen perceived disrespect be the difference on a scoreboard. Focusing on bulletin board material is the easiest way to emotionally take a team out of a game. In fact, that might be what Cig was going for. Hope it works.