Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

7 minutes ago, Aguas said:

If it is Mike Hart, then Dolson should resign at the same time he announces him. And so should the President and BOT.  

if Herman wants it, pay his buyout and get him. After paying 15mm to get rid of TA don’t get cheap now. 

If I was a donor that helped get him off the hook for that contract he gave Allen, then he turned around and went cheap by hiring Mike Hart I would not be happy. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

He took over for Charlie Strong who sucked, then won at 6, 7, 11,9 games in 4 seasons. He finished ranked #25, 9th and 19th in 3 of the 4 seasons at Texas. We would name the stadium after him if he did that at IU

I’ll take it. That’s my top candidate. 

58 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

MSU didn't have to pay a dime to an underachieving football coach because of smart language added to Tucker's contract by MSU's AD.

MSU just hired a head coach away from a top 20 team. 

IU is interviewing Mike Hart.

So just to be clear, the "smart language" you give the genius as MSU credit for is in every contract and usually stuck in by the lawyers.   But you overlook that fact that he apparently hired a turd.  Ok, whatever.   

44 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If we do hire Hart than that tells me we either went cheap or struck out on several others. 

You have to be an honest evaluator.  Why would any current head coach drop his current gig and come to IU?  Former coaches, maybe especially if you have some baggage and need that "second chance" -- thus Gruden and Fitzgerald. 

At the end of the day, your looking for that fit.  The guy who wants to be here and has sold his ability to build up the program.  Doesn't matter if he was a head coach, assistant coach, or working the door at Kilroys.   

7 minutes ago, poppedcolla said:

Cignetti back on the menu according to Weaver.

I would take Cignetti in a heartbeat, but haven’t seen his name for a while. Again, if he wants it why are we talking to Hart, Candle and Chryst?  Makes no sense. Go get Cignetti. Go get Herman. Go get anyone that made this whole thing worth it.  Someone with a pop. PLEASE DOLSON DON’T F THIS UP!!!

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He took over for Charlie Strong who sucked, then won at 6, 7, 11,9 games in 4 seasons. He finished ranked #25, 9th and 19th in 3 of the 4 seasons at Texas. We would name the stadium after him if he did that at IU

Sure.. but it's at Texas. Hell they ain't aren't ranked 25th with 7 wins without being Texas. The CFP had them ranked 15th in his 2nd year and 20th in his 4th. But he still went 7-6 his first year, 10-4 his second year, 8-5 his 3rd and 7-3 his 4th. At Texas. If we are going to hire a former P5 HC, Chryst would have to be well above him. He had multiple 10 win seasons and 6-1 in bowl games. He's the most successful candidate without any doubt. Herman is much closer to an Archie type.

4 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

So just to be clear, the "smart language" you give the genius as MSU credit for is in every contract and usually stuck in by the lawyers.   But you overlook that fact that he apparently hired a turd.  Ok, whatever.   

Mel Tucker at least had a winning record at Michigan State and won 11 games in a season. Tom Allen hasn't won 11 games in the last 3 years combined and we still paid him over $15 million to no longer coach. And again, they didn't have to pay him. 

Just now, Aguas said:

I would take Cignetti in a heartbeat, but haven’t seen his name for a while. Again, if he wants it why are we talking to Hart, Candle and Chryst?  Makes no sense. Go get Cignetti. Go get Herman. Go get anyone that made this whole thing worth it.  Someone with a pop. PLEASE DOLSON DON’T F THIS UP!!!

I'm with you here. Paying up $15M for a buyout to turn around and interview some of these candidates is mind-boggling to me and a big slap to the donors who pony up to see a commitment to our football program. The optimist in me hopes that it's for leverage for negotiations but the realist, as an IU football fan, is afraid of the vicious cycle of expectation and what comes afterwards. Still hoping and praying for a pleasant surprise.

You have to be an honest evaluator.  Why would any current head coach drop his current gig and come to IU?  Former coaches, maybe especially if you have some baggage and need that "second chance" -- thus Gruden and Fitzgerald. 

At the end of the day, your looking for that fit.  The guy who wants to be here and has sold his ability to build up the program.  Doesn't matter if he was a head coach, assistant coach, or working the door at Kilroys.   

Don't give Dolson any ideas.

Mike Hart has already left the program once and would leave again in a heart beat for an elevated position at Michigan. Don't kid yourself. 

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah, not up to Texas standards but way way way above ours.  :)  

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

my only red flag is he's 62. Do we have to have all of our coaches in their 60's

Ehh, give me 6-8 years of a guy who knows how to win and build a program over 3-4 years of Hart/Frye and repeating the process. 

22 minutes ago, Aguas said:

If it is Mike Hart, then Dolson should resign at the same time he announces him. And so should the President and BOT.  

if Herman wants it, pay his buyout and get him. After paying 15mm to get rid of TA don’t get cheap now. 

Dolson has a history of underachieving and screwing things up. I have ZERO faith that he gets anything positive out of this cluster**** that is IU football.

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

my only red flag is he's 62. Do we have to have all of our coaches in their 60's

On the plus side....he's 62 :-). If he takes another job, he probably isn't going anywhere else after that. Saban is 72. If we could get a coach that could build this program and have continuity for 10 years or more (or, hell, even just 8 years), sign me up. A young guy like Candle could be our James Franklin, which would be awesome for 3 years then he bolts elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Mel Tucker at least had a winning record at Michigan State and won 11 games in a season. Tom Allen hasn't won 11 games in the last 3 years combined and we still paid him over $15 million to no longer coach. And again, they didn't have to pay him. 

You keep leaving out the part where he was allegedly sexually harassing someone.   

25 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

Cignetti anyone?

Not particularly interested. Pitt went 3-9 and Dolson wants to hire the OC that put that offense together to be IU's head coach? If that's the "win", I'd rather get the $15M back and tell Allen "sorry, we were kidding".