Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Rabby just released the info to Peegs that I said this morning Candle, Hart, and Chryst will meet in person. Herman and Creighton would be next, then Frye

So maybe this is the top candidates from 3 categories:  1) small school (Candle) 2) assistant coach pool (Hart) and 3) Former big school coach.  

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

good thing our #1 focus is on football right? 

And that's why Scott Dolson/Indiana's athletic department is a mess. 

I don't care what kind of basketball history you have, football should be by far and away your #1 priority. It's the biggest money maker and there isn't a close second. 

Just now, IndyResident16 said:

I don't care what kind of basketball history you have, football should be by far and away your #1 priority. It's the biggest money maker and there isn't a close second. 

Football is going to be dead or unrecognizable once you are able to diagnose CTE in a living person..

7 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

so then shame on all the previous IU Athletic Directors for shorting IU football then all this time. yes it is a money maker for sure but what are you expecting Scott to do here?  Hire the next Saban, expect him to never leave IU and turn us into a power 5 team and we are going to the rose bowl every other year?  You don't do that by not taking risks.  IU is a small pea in a large pond.  You have to start somewhere.  Maybe Hart isn't the right choice, maybe he is who knows.  But to say his job is on the line is a little premature if this fails.  Now if IUBB fails in two years about the same time IUFB could potentially fail again with this upcoming hiring then sure I'd agree his jobs on the line or he has both feet out the door already

57 minutes ago, SamIam said:

Not my top choice but I don't hate Creighton. I like the idea of bringing someone in who has built a program from nothing before.

I think Creighton would be a serious candidate if he and Allen weren't so close. I'm a huge fan of his.

44 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Shelling out one of the worst coaching contracts in the history of the sport and replacing him with a guy who gets fired 3 years later would be immediate grounds for dismissal at literally any other P5 program in America. 

I would say Tuckers contract at MSU was a worse contract 

42 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

So in Dolson’s mind Hart is better than Herman?  I’m more confused than ever about how this works lol.

So Dolson zoomed with 8 guys Herman and Hart being two of the 8. He has cut it to three now with those three being Hart, Candle and Chryst. So to answer your question, he does think Hart is better. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

So Dolson zoomed with 8 guys Herman and Hart being two of the 8. He has cut it to three now with those three being Hart, Candle and Chryst. So to answer your question, he does think Hart is better. 

There could be a number of reasons too. I would assume some people have a price that has to be met to even consider the job. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

How do you know that maybe Herman didn't withdrew his name. Also who is reporting those are the final 3

1 minute ago, iubb said:

sure, because he was a ******* POS,

but his point stands

MSU didn't have to pay a dime to an underachieving football coach because of smart language added to Tucker's contract by MSU's AD.

MSU just hired a head coach away from a top 20 team. 

IU is interviewing Mike Hart.

I've said this again and I'll say it before (I once actually heard a guy say that in an interview): 

For me, Chryst is a major, major concern -- if the reports are true about him not being able to handle NIL and the portal while in Madison. In this day and age of college football, that's almost as important as X's and O's. 

Maybe he learned something down in Austin, but he's 58 and might be pretty set in his ways.