Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dave from Dayton

Maryland vs Indiana - Game Thread, Fri., 12/1 @ 7 BTN

57 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

giphy.gif

Me on figuring out what to do with Gallo's broken shot. 

39 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Spin right and shoot left or use the muscle memory or psychotic shot doctor or socks, shorts, 1 2 3 swish or ...

Smart Beautiful Mind GIF - Smart Beautiful Mind John Nash GIFs

Wheel of Fortune and Gladiator? Two of my favorites. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What's Sparks done wrong? Tough crowd. 

He's been playing like a bull in a china closet that can't shoot a FT recently. 

A very defined role is fine for him this year. Hopefully he keeps improving and next year can be a solid back up/rotation player. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its not recently, he just can't shoot.

I mean the bull in the china closet part, when I say recently.

And his freshman year at BSU he shot 70% from the stripe. His sophomore year and this year, he's drastically regressed. 

Any word on Cupps?

Towards the end of the game a Maryland guy was barreling/falling down in the paint and his head made direct contact with Cupps wrist. The announcers glossed over it but Cupps got up grimacing and rubbing his wrist, was taken out and did not return. Hopefully it’s nothing but he was obviously in pain.

23 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Respectfully….ALL of our posts, and being on this site, is a waste of time. LOL

That being said, I enjoyed his post breaking down the minutes and being on the site.

I didn't mention anything about him being on the site. I like what he has to say. 

43 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I mean the bull in the china closet part, when I say recently.

And his freshman year at BSU he shot 70% from the stripe. His sophomore year and this year, he's drastically regressed. 

Believe he had to have a fair amount of luck in that 70%.

But I think PS is pretty useful for 5-10 mins a game. Pray KW stays healthy, outta foul trouble moving forward. Sparks at least brings an offensive rebounding threat. 

I didn't mention anything about him being on the site. I like what he has to say. 

I didn’t mean to imply that you didn’t want him on the site.

I was just joking that ALL of the posts  (ie not just that particular post) and being on the site could be considered by some (ie my wife, as an example. LOL) a waste of time.

Believe he had to have a fair amount of luck in that 70%.

But I think PS is pretty useful for 5-10 mins a game. Pray KW stays healthy, outta foul trouble moving forward. Sparks at least brings an offensive rebounding threat. 

Yeah I would agree PS is useful for 5-10 mins, a small role... KW needs to stay healthy or the season is shot! 

Sparks looks to me like he sometimes is trying to do way too much and getting outside of himself. Just want to see him slow down and play his game a little more without being as in his head. He was pretty darn good against Louisville. More of that would be great. 

When he's not playing well though, it's ugly... as is the case with most college basketball players I guess! 

It's tough playing 10/11 guys. But they've really all made a solid case to this point. I like this team a lot.

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Yeah I would agree PS is useful for 5-10 mins, a small role... KW needs to stay healthy or the season is shot! 

Sparks looks to me like he sometimes is trying to do way too much and getting outside of himself. Just want to see him slow down and play his game a little more without being as in his head. He was pretty darn good against Louisville. More of that would be great. 

When he's not playing well though, it's ugly... as is the case with most college basketball players I guess! 

It's tough playing 10/11 guys. But they've really all made a solid case to this point. I like this team a lot.

Oh for sure. Simply put, I like him more than Duncomb and Durr as a backup center. 

In regards to Sparks FT “stroke”. I just looked at his free throw stats:

Freshman  142-202. 70%

Sophomore 115 - 219  53%

Junior (IU). 3-14 21%

Thats really an odd trajectory but shows he does have the ability to do better. I haven’t seen video of him shoot free throws as a freshman but no way he shot 70% from the stripe with his current stroke.

56 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

In regards to Sparks FT “stroke”. I just looked at his free throw stats:

Freshman  142-202. 70%

Sophomore 115 - 219  53%

Junior (IU). 3-14 21%

Thats really an odd trajectory but shows he does have the ability to do better. I haven’t seen video of him shoot free throws as a freshman but no way he shot 70% from the stripe with his current stroke.

Small sample but wow 21% from the stripe is abysmal.

5 minutes ago, J34 said:

As much as I love Malik, he needs to have better recognition in the post. The skip pass to the the weak side, usually has at least one guy open. Or kick it back out, and reestablish position. He's second on the team in assists,  however he has almost twice as many to's as anyone else. He could improve his 1:1 a/to ratio, by not putting the ball on the floor so much in traffic. Plus, he is key in us having more open 3 pt opportunities. Love his attitude and skillset(and footwork), but improved court awareness will do wanders for his post game.

Same could be said about CJ on the perimeter. 

This should be the next step in his development. Too many times he seems to make up his mind he is going to the basket come hell or high water. He would, and the team by extension, be so much better if he improves that aspect of his decision making.