Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

Adam Howard's best friend is Moreno's older brother. That in a vacuum wouldn't be a huge deal, but we're pitching day one start at the 5. Ware is a fine advertisement right now, we'll match or exceed nil and there's the relationships with the other two. Garrison may be in the way at UK.

If we don't land him, we did all we could. 

17 hours ago, BA47591 said:

Adam Howard's best friend is Moreno's older brother. That in a vacuum wouldn't be a huge deal, but we're pitching day one start at the 5. Ware is a fine advertisement right now, we'll match or exceed nil and there's the relationships with the other two. Garrison may be in the way at UK.

If we don't land him, we did all we could. 

I think if we pull Moreno we easily pull the other two. 

16 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not being argumentative but how many times does it actually happen when recruits talk about teaming up with another player?  

I see your point, usually when it’s brought up the people in question don’t have the same final schools, and idk why this feels a tad different, especially with barrel ricks comments in this thread 

I've been critical of Woody's decisions with his staff after deciding to fire Fife. Not the firing but the moves after. Walsh having never been a road recruiter before, being given the territory handled by Fife was startling. He's had it trimmed down a bit with Rosemond and Hunter being connected in their perspective regions. He's had a lot of help with initial connections and handling the on campus relationship building with Hulls involvement. All that being said, if he can have his name on the top line of "Dream Class" he will fast track his career by a decade or more. Adam Howard has his limitations with his job title in the same way Jordy does, but they make a heckuva 3-headed monster in what has always been a gold mine area for talent. I won't lie, the dumpster full of money we have to give Moreno and our big man development plan does make me feel a bit more confident than I would have. 

12 hours ago, Barrel Rick said:

Not saying this affects anything, but can say as of today, Kentucky has offered the biggest NIL in this race by a rather wide margin.

Well, I can offer to get him into any dorm he would like on campus. I should add that men's basketball is the only sport that doesn't have to live on campus their freshman year anymore. But my offer still stands. 

I still think it's IU's to lose. Our NIL will match UK.

16 hours ago, Barrel Rick said:

Not saying this affects anything, but can say as of today, Kentucky has offered the biggest NIL in this race by a rather wide margin.

I have curiosity question.  Does a highly recruited athlete get inundated with a bunch of people to the point that he doesn’t have much free time for himself?  Or does he have time you know….. to be a kid outside of basketball? 

8 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I have curiosity question.  Does a highly recruited athlete get inundated with a bunch of people to the point that he doesn’t have much free time for himself?  Or does he have time you know….. to be a kid outside of basketball? 

I’ll chime in if I may. My 17 year old is pretty good at school, and therefore put together 20 college applications for high-end schools all over the country. Looking for financial aid, weighing offers, writing applications and essays, visiting campuses, researching programs, taking classes at the local college to show that he wasn’t coasting…between that, varsity sports, music performances, and a heavy regular school load? It was a huge senior year effort and by far his most packed year. Very little free time for himself.

He wasn’t under a microscope of people noticing him, but being a motivated high school senior with options is a full time job even when you’re not an athlete. At least Mullins doesn’t have to worry much about university academic acceptances.

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Well, I can offer to get him into any dorm he would like on campus. I should add that men's basketball is the only sport that doesn't have to live on campus their freshman year anymore. But my offer still stands. 

I still think it's IU's to lose. Our NIL will match UK.

To make sure we top UK's offer, after IU matches I will throw in one more dollar.

17 hours ago, Barrel Rick said:

Less worried about the financial side than I would be Pope busting out cut ups of his offense at BYU and Braylon loving it as much as I do.