Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

1 minute ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

I’m hoping for this. Easy IU choice considering the recruits who are about to go to UConn & unc. 

Some are saying maybe Michigan instead of UNC. That would scare me because I could see him going there, but not to UNC

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'd put the likely order as IU, UConn, UNC, right? Was originally going to announce before his season started in November but I would think that gets pushed up to very soon as in a week or two. 

He told Rabby he has some family things in the beginning of October so wants to focus on those and spend time doing those things so still going to be mid-late October

The Daily Hoosier - 

Trent Sisley told me he's working hard to get Mullins to join him at #iubb: "He was there right after I committed and I was like 'Hey we need you next.' He was the first guy I talked to and I've just been texting him the past few days, and continuing to spread that message."

1 hour ago, cleeter said:

I believe i have also heard that the Darius Adams recruitment *could* play a factor in this. So here is to hoping he goes to Uconn

Wouldn't Haralson coming here be an issue for us then? Not arguing, trying to understand. I get that Mullins & Haralson aren't exactly the same skillset and JH wants to be a 1 & done, but what am I missing? 

22 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Wouldn't Haralson coming here be an issue for us then? Not arguing, trying to understand. I get that Mullins & Haralson aren't exactly the same skillset and JH wants to be a 1 & done, but what am I missing? 

Adams and Mullins are both 6'5" and skinny. Both have pretty much the same skill set; developing in multiple areas but first and foremost  elite high school catch and shoot players.

Haralson is more along the lines of JHS; college ready body and can guard 1-3. The knock on him has been his distance shooting, though that is developing. 

In summary, while I'm sure that UConn would take both, Mullins is more complimentary with Haralson than Adams. (Adams and Haralson are also complimentary - they both start at LaLu together).

Has either of two other schools offered his dad a job? I mean it's a stretch, but Eric Gordon was headed to Illinois until we pulled that oldie but goodie. 

Denny Crum kept Alan Houstons dad on payroll for that reason then Tennesssee one-upt him.I don't think Braylon is that caliber of player, but what is the family business he has to focus on? 

2 minutes ago, BA47591 said:

Has either of two other schools offered his dad a job? I mean it's a stretch, but Eric Gordon was headed to Illinois until we pulled that oldie but goodie. 

Denny Crum kept Alan Houstons dad on payroll for that reason then Tennesssee one-upt him.I don't think Braylon is that caliber of player, but what is the family business he has to focus on? 

With NIL that is completely unnecessary.

Why pay dad when that same money can go to the player's NIL.

6 minutes ago, BA47591 said:

What job did IU give EJ's dad? Davis screwed up that receuitment, then we hired Sampson and he hired assistants with connections to the Gordon family. I'm sure IU did even more, but I hadn't heard his father was given a job.