Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

3 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

The portal has bailed him out and I know it’s the current state of CBB, but several years ago we didn’t have it.  Would this guy be our coach if they didn’t have the transfer portal and NIL, I say HE** NO!!!!

But he’s done his job!!!

Also with revenue sharing most schools will be able to keep their current players. The portal won’t be as great because less players will be in it.

3 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but what changed since your previous posts regarding Woody not being an issue? 

can’t say too much; will say that Braylon would have committed several months ago under different coaching but still gave things time to change because he dreamed of playing here. 

Ten years from now what will be the legacy of Braylon Mullins in the state? It won't matter that much to a multi-millionaire playing on his second contract in the league,  but to a solid rotation piece that gets a cup of coffee in the league it might. Joining UConn after they brought in Adam's, who in many circles is rated as a higher prospect is a gamble. I wish him well. I went to see him play alot the last year and a half. He's really good. 

35 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Also with revenue sharing most schools will be able to keep their current players. The portal won’t be as great because less players will be in it.

Not enough data to prove that yet!  That would be nice to keep our players but other than money, what will keep them here?  The coach comes to mind but ours don’t have the energy to recruit long term HS kids!

10 minutes ago, Barrel Rick said:

can’t say too much; will say that Braylon would have committed several months ago under different coaching but still gave things time to change because he dreamed of playing here. 

That’s pretty bad!  I am 100% sure CMW doesn’t recognize his deficiencies!  He does his job!!!

5 minutes ago, BA47591 said:

Ten years from now what will be the legacy of Braylon Mullins in the state? It won't matter that much to a multi-millionaire playing on his second contract in the league,  but to a solid rotation piece that gets a cup of coffee in the league it might. Joining UConn after they brought in Adam's, who in many circles is rated as a higher prospect is a gamble. I wish him well. I went to see him play alot the last year and a half. He's really good. 

I think Braylon will be ready to make a more immediate impact than Adams. Scouts must obviously know something I don’t, because I just haven’t been impressed the handful of times I’ve watched him. He was very clearly a supporting cast member for Haralson at LaLu and struggled to affect the game when his shot wasn’t falling. Could develop into a really good player but will take time IMO

The portal has bailed him out and I know it’s the current state of CBB, but several years ago we didn’t have it.  Would this guy be our coach if they didn’t have the transfer portal and NIL, I say HE** NO!!!!
But he’s done his job!!!
Portal and six million dollars. If he had minnesota type nil money this roster would like nothing like it currently does.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I was told he has very low energy coaching compared to Hurley and even Hubert Davis in Braylon’s opinion. 

Someone close to the program told me that sometimes the assistants have to ask Woodson to text high school recruits. Sometimes they have to add the contact info into his phone. But he loves that portal.

Was it you that mentioned something about the NIL$ being for this year but there were expectations that we land a strong HS class. If true, and it seems less likely unless we luck into some decommits again, who placed that expectation on woody and what do you hear about that. 

44 minutes ago, Barrel Rick said:

What would have changed coaching wise at this point? 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t view it that way. The money from the revenue share is dwarfed by the television deals…..the haves are still going to outbid the have nots.  And the talented mid and low major players transfers to high majors will likely increase because the revenue sharing plan can be opted in or out by schools…low and mid majors will opt out because it’s not financially feasible.

1 hour ago, Barrel Rick said:

It pisses me off that Woodson still has no clue. Sure, he can buy pretty much whomever he wants in the portal, at least for the time being. But he continues to demonstrate his lazy approach to HS recruiting.

How many of these kids, who grew up Hoosier fans and dreamed of donning the candy stripes has he lost because he simply doesn’t want to put in the effort to show them that he’s remotely interested in them coming to IU?

Imagine if RMK had ignored him the same extent that is is ignoring these kids…

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:
Portal and six million dollars. If he had minnesota type nil money this roster would like nothing like it currently does.

Yeah, but the Cooks and Simons love them some CMW. Those wells won’t run dry for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Barrel Rick said:

That's a pretty damning look if you're Mike Woodson. Maybe even more damning if you're Scott Dolson.

8 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

If my Aunt had balls she’d be my uncle 

7 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

It pisses me off that Woodson still has no clue. Sure, he can buy pretty much whomever he wants in the portal, at least for the time being. But he continues to demonstrate his lazy approach to HS recruiting.

How many of these kids, who grew up Hoosier fans and dreamed of donning the candy stripes has he lost because he simply doesn’t want to put in the effort to show them that he’s remotely interested in them coming to IU?

Imagine if RMK had ignored him the same extent that is is ignoring these kids…

Woodson offered and prioritized Mullins almost an entire year before Hurley even knew who Mullins was. Try again..