Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Braylon Mullins visits UConn, deletes old social media posts of other schools shortly after!

Haven't seen this posted but these two thinks this is a big deal

Those 2 are good together. Our resident insider says not to panic, we shouldn’t panic, yet!  

Question will ultimately be will we offer what other programs are offering in regards to everything on the table. 

I think freshman recruitng in our current landscape is tough for top tier programs.  To be the best you can’t be starting 3 or 4 freshman these days.  But getting, playing, and fostering top talent is important.  Fielding a great team is so much easier these days but also much trickier when it pertains to freshman. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

49 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Those 2 are good together. Our resident insider says not to panic, we shouldn’t panic, yet!  

Question will ultimately be will we offer what other programs are offering in regards to everything on the table. 

I think freshman recruitng in our current landscape is tough for top tier programs.  To be the best you can’t be starting 3 or 4 freshman these days.  But getting, playing, and fostering top talent is important.  Fielding a great team is so much easier these days but also much trickier when it pertains to freshman. 

Sleepers have limited knowledge. Theyre fun to watch sometimes. They only made that video because some crazy IU fan in their premium discord made a big deal about it. Bray’s instragram posts have been deleted for awhile now haha

On 8/6/2024 at 3:48 PM, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Tennessee, Michigan, and others will just wipe their guard depth clean so Braylon won't have competition? Somehow Carlyle and Newton are an issue being on the roster now? 

Rick Barnes runs BORING offense, tbh, he just got lucky Woodson had knee surgery complications last spring, and Tennessee got Knecht. Check the amount of talent he has had and can't get it done in March. He specifically has had PLENTY of offensive woes when they needed it most. Specifically the last 25 mins against Purdue... first 15 mins= 32 points, the last 25 mins= 34 points. 

Rick Barnes, who is a solid coach, a basketball offensive savant, he is not. 

Barnes has coached the college game for 37 years and has one example of how he'd use Braylon. Yeah jump all over that, I guess. 

JR Smith-- who is WAY better comp than Knecht or Davis for Mullins might have some decent things to say about Woodson... If, for some reason, someone going to bat for a coach is what is needed to secure Braylon. 

JR SMITH , I'm sure the Mullins house would cherish that phone call. He could borrow some money off Braylon on his way to pick-up Delonte West. 

The point I was making with this. Braylon can go almost anywhere. IU has what to offer him besides proximity? I've seen him play a lot, the transformation is incredible. We all want him to come to IU because he's a helluva player from Indiana. He can do better for himself and future career than IU. I'd at least go visit Alabama. 

Woody has to land 1 of 3 in state guys. That's the marching orders from the NIL faucet. If it was his choice I know who it would be. There's emphasis on spending the money on prep players this time around. 

1 hour ago, BA47591 said:

JR SMITH , I'm sure the Mullins house would cherish that phone call. He could borrow some money off Braylon on his way to pick-up Delonte West. 

The point I was making with this. Braylon can go almost anywhere. IU has what to offer him besides proximity? I've seen him play a lot, the transformation is incredible. We all want him to come to IU because he's a helluva player from Indiana. He can do better for himself and future career than IU. I'd at least go visit Alabama. 

Woody has to land 1 of 3 in state guys. That's the marching orders from the NIL faucet. If it was his choice I know who it would be. There's emphasis on spending the money on prep players this time around. 

Nah you’re just a blow hard being negative lol

17 hours ago, BA47591 said:

Where have you heard the NIL $ says he has to land in state kids. Interesting if true but first I have seen that. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Greenfield's 24-25 schedule has been released if anyone wants to catch any of his senior season games.

I should try to make some of the home games since I live 2 miles from the school.

On 8/9/2024 at 12:52 PM, 8bucks said:

Where have you heard the NIL $ says he has to land in state kids. Interesting if true but first I have seen that. 

I'm old and was in coaching a long time, in-state and Ohio. Moved back to S. Indiana 2 years ago to retire. Ive reconnected with a lot of old friends. Some of the fellas were successful enough to be boosters now. I like to go to the aau events if they're not too far and I try to go to games during the season, of the kids I'd want playing for IU. 

When I say that there was a punch list that came along with the extra 3+million added to the NIL for this season, I trust that information to be a 1000% accurate. 

Do we lose all 3? 

Maybe. But if the 6 million dollar budget holds we will get some great players.

Question: (Ballo, Carlyle, Rice, Tucker) vs (Queen, McNeeley, Fland)

I love McNeely (wish we had him still) . And really liked Queen and Fland too, but it’s hard not to think our roster is better with who we ended up getting for that money.

Im not convinced any of the 3 we are targeting should be starting on a top 10 team. Mullins is interesting because the shooting should translate. But will the defense, etc?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Question: (Ballo, Carlyle, Rice, Tucker) vs (Queen, McNeeley, Fland)
Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

For this season? The IU quartet for sure. I'm not a proponent of freshman big men starting. It has worked, but not usually, and I think Ballo is more what IU needs from a post this year over Queen's skills. I'd take an experienced Rice over a FR Fland too. I'm not as excited about Carlyle as most, but hopefully he proves me wrong. 

Since I doubt any of those 3 freshman are 1 & done, longer term looks stronger there, but what passes for college basketball now is a "live for today" system, getting, developing, keeping players is in the past. 

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

For this season? The IU quartet for sure. I'm not a proponent of freshman big men starting. It has worked, but not usually, and I think Ballo is more what IU needs from a post this year over Queen's skills. I'd take an experienced Rice over a FR Fland too. I'm not as excited about Carlyle as most, but hopefully he proves me wrong. 

Since I doubt any of those 3 freshman are 1 & done, longer term looks stronger there, but what passes for college basketball now is a "live for today" system, getting, developing, keeping players is in the past. 

Yeah, it’s a tough road to navigate now with what to even want or root for in recruitng. 

We will FOR sure need 2 bigs for next year. I’d love for one of them to be a talented freshman that can play 15-30 minutes then a talented experienced portal big that can do the same. 

The nice thing for me is nowadays striking out in the Fall isn’t always a bad thing.  The money is gonna spend.  Trilly saying power 5 starters are now somewhere in the neighborhood of 800k. I hope that isn’t true and I don’t think the math maths but maybe for the higher end power 5 if is accurate.  Ballo is 1-1.2.  Hawkins and whatshisname at 2mil.

I think 250-350 would get you a 5 star and higher end 4 star recently, doesn’t sound like that’s true anymore.