Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

2024 (F) Kanon Catchings and Whatever

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I am sure they caught a whiff of this silly rumor and are just looking to squash it.

No rumor.    Kid is being a teenager and having second thoughts.  Caught the coaching  staff and family off guard  Mom loves Purdue and wants him to stick with it and right now he is unsure.  Maybe he sticks it out but as of now feels like he is undecided 

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

No rumor.    Kid is being a teenager and having second thoughts.  Caught the coaching  staff and family off guard  Mom loves Purdue and wants him to stick with it and right now he is unsure.  Maybe he sticks it out but as of now feels like he is undecided 

What is his mom's connection to Purdue 

21 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I am sure they caught a whiff of this silly rumor and are just looking to squash it.

This doesn't seem to be registering with you for whatever reason, so I'll try again. Recruiting is a job that's never done and coaches have to make the best use of their time. Spending that time visiting a recruit's home when he's already committed isn't something you do unless he's given you a legitimate reason to believe he may not be coming. People on the internet saying he's having second thoughts doesn't elicit this type of response from a staff that would much rather be seeking out potential transfers or players who haven't committed yet. 

I saw some twitterings regarding someone who says he knows Kanon's HS coach, texted him about the current state of the commitment, and supposedly received a reply from coach stating Catchings is not going to re-open the recruitment. Whatever that means.

At this point I don't really care. Come if you want. Go be a Toiletmaker if you want. Plenty of fish in the sea.

17 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I saw some twitterings regarding someone who says he knows Kanon's HS coach, texted him about the current state of the commitment, and supposedly received a reply from coach stating Catchings is not going to re-open the recruitment.

Regardless of the situation, a coach isn’t going to leave any kind of paper trail that would say a player is reopening his commitment unless the player has done so already.

6 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I saw some twitterings regarding someone who says he knows Kanon's HS coach, texted him about the current state of the commitment, and supposedly received a reply from coach stating Catchings is not going to re-open the recruitment. Whatever that means.

At this point I don't really care. Come if you want. Go be a Toiletmaker if you want. Plenty of fish in the sea.

That was a fake. 

13 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

A simple message from the kid on social media or a simple phone call from the coaching staff could have squashed the 'silly rumor'.  Obviously neither occurred since the kid put nothing out on social media to squash it and the staff is now visiting him.

55 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

A simple message from the kid on social media or a simple phone call from the coaching staff could have squashed the 'silly rumor'.  Obviously neither occurred since the kid put nothing out on social media to squash it and the staff is now visiting him.

Sure. Nothing will still come of it. Things will go on as normal.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Sure. Nothing will still come of it. Things will go on as normal.

Unless they do.  My guess would be if an IU recruit removed ‘IU commit” from his online bio and our coaches took time from working on transfer portal to talk to  visit someone that was supposedly locked up, you’d be concerned.

28 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Unless they do.  My guess would be if an IU recruit removed ‘IU commit” from his online bio and our coaches took time from working on transfer portal to talk to  visit someone that was supposedly locked up, you’d be concerned.

I don't pay enough attention to HS recruiting. I probably wouldn't notice.

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't pay enough attention to HS recruiting. I probably wouldn't notice.

If you don’t pay much attention to high school recruiting to know the signs of potential decommit, then why are you so cocksure it isn’t happening?

13 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

If you don’t pay much attention to high school recruiting to know the signs of potential decommit, then why are you so cocksure it isn’t happening?

Because things like this just don't happen often. It's rare in basketball. Football is a different story. But in basketball it just isn't a big thing. I know people were getting stoked or whatever about it, but it wasn't going to happen.