Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB 2023 B1G Tournament March 8-12, 2023

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm going to have to record today's game and watch later tonight, so do want to make one note after my posts earlier. 

As I said earlier, I think JG is basically a matchup play at this point, but I do think today could be one of those days. 

I think Reneau could struggle with a smaller, perimeter oriented PSU and get in foul trouble if he's on Pickett. I do think JG could have success today if he gets the opportunity. He could effectively play minutes on Pickett IMO. 

He, like the rest of the team, needs to be locked in. We go through spurts where we confuse ourselves on defense.

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm going to have to record today's game and watch later tonight, so do want to make one note after my posts earlier. 

As I said earlier, I think JG is basically a matchup play at this point, but I do think today could be one of those days. 

I think Reneau could struggle with a smaller, perimeter oriented PSU and get in foul trouble if he's on Pickett. I do think JG could have success today if he gets the opportunity. He could effectively play minutes on Pickett IMO. 

Agree that JG is a matchup play, but I like him more against big, slow teams. He can defend well in the post, but he gets lost way too much to be okay against a spread the floor distance shooting team. Kinda like the idea of him singled up on Pickett tho.

21 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

The key to today’s game is to not let Penn State go 18/31 from long distance again. Play any semblance of defense and IU will win the game

Agreed. We are have to find our man in transition or they will light it up from 3

23 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

The key to today’s game is to not let Penn State go 18/31 from long distance again. Play any semblance of defense and IU will win the game

Penn State has been playing outstanding basketball.

I expect this will be a close one

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Agree that JG is a matchup play, but I like him more against big, slow teams. He can defend well in the post, but he gets lost way too much to be okay against a spread the floor distance shooting team. Kinda like the idea of him singled up on Pickett tho.

Should he be even dressing? That image of him pouting during that timeout last night was such a bad look

Ugh, head to bar to watch the game with a friend and see PU stomped OSU, shoot. 

Time for a no lose Saturday afternoon. Beat PSU and move on in the conf tourney. Lose and we’re still a 4 seed with more rest, and maybe motivation. 

Cold beers and late lunch with a friend just enjoying the game. Let’s go

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

My issue with Edey is the refs let him use more physicality on defense because his size. “He’s so big we gotta let him play”. But then when a defender tries to use a little more physicality than normal to contain him the refs can’t wait to call the foul 

Hell, he's allowed to play with more physicality on offense than defenders are allowed to play with against him. I've never seen another player that is allowed to bulldoze, elbow, or shoulder the defender out of the way so much while also getting touch fouls called on the defenders. Then both he and Painter whine if the refs don't do everything possible to protect him.