Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Purdue: 2/25 @7:30 on FOX

I would like to see a better effort than what we had at MSU!  We came out of the gate strong but lost our energy about 12-14 minutes into the game.  Win or lose, just better effort, and rebounding and defense is effort.  How I see it, the only way we win this game is to shut down their guards and Mason Gills and for Tamar Bates, Reneau, and Galloway all finish with 8-12 points.  I don’t see that happening.

26 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

They have had a week off 

Which I think is bad scheduling by the B10 and this unbalanced scheduling that I hate because they have too many teams.  We haven’t had a week off since the B10 resumed back in January and we looked beat down and tired against MSU.  We could’ve sure used a week off.  Purdue on the other hand looked much fresher in their last game, gave a beat down to Ohio State, and was able to rest their starters.  Plus their bench production has been much better than ours. Talk about a big disappointment, what was supposed to be an asset for our team has been a giant disappointment!

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I have found this week that Purdue fans are incredibly sensitive about their Helms title that was retroactively given to them 11 years after their "championship season" ended. 

Indiana has three Helms titles, but we do not bother talking about those.  All three coincided with NCAA national championships. PU is not even in the top three of B1G basketball teams with Helms titles.  Wisconsin has four, Indiana three, and Minnesota two.  PU and four other Big Ten schools have one Helms title, so five way tie for fourth!

8 minutes ago, hoosierdogg said:

Indiana has three Helns titles, but we do not bother talking about those.  All three coincided with NCAA national championships. PU is not even in the top three of B1G basketnall teams with Helms titles.  Wisconsin has four, Indiana three, and Minnesota two.  PU and four other Big Ten schools have one Helms title, so five way tie for fourth!

University of Chicago has more National titles than Purdue and hasn’t been D1 since the 40’s

Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery will be on the call. Gus is ok. The lingerie, puppies Raftery I can do without.

Anybody know who the officials are for tonight’s game?

Please lord don’t let it be Larry Scirotto!

7 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery will be on the call. Gus is ok. The lingerie, puppies Raftery I can do without.

Waiting for the IU stats page to update, they provide the officials pretty early before the the usual 1 hour announcement 

40 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

I thought it was Gus and Jim Jackson.