Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Purdue: 2/25 @7:30 on FOX

Just now, Demo said:

If you can just get 15 solid minutes from X it would be transformative. They are really struggling with their rotations when you’ve only got 2 primary ball handlers and they both start and play 35 or 40. X’s availability would give Woody so much more flexibility. 

Bingo! Don't need him to be the X we saw last year. Also need Reneau to give IU around 5-8 points IMO. Trayce can't keep playing 38-40 minutes. 

30 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

1 seeds are going to be wanting them to be in their bracket as the 2 or 3 seed. 

IDK. PU's shots just didn't fall. Pre-season, we all (and the nation) thought they'd struggle at guard. They did better we expected. But a lot of teams (even the better teams) will have trouble with Edey. 

I'm still a bit confused about what I just saw tonight. TJD with zero pts at the half. Zero pts from our pts at half. PU had 46 boards vs IU's 30. Our PG play was great, and our 3pt % at 47%...

Crazy.... pinch me. 

43 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Missed that…when did that occur 

Did a cocky scream towards the bench after Iu called a timeout. I said watch he won’t do anything else the rest of the game…. Honestly if memory serves true he didn’t. Also talk about a disappointment… Gillis… Really worried about him in both matchups and didn’t really show. I think Athletic Point/Combo Guards have got to be the thing going forward with IU. JHS has opened my eyes to the excellence of true athletic PGs

13 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Bingo! Don't need him to be the X we saw last year. Also need Reneau to give IU around 5-8 points IMO. Trayce can't keep playing 38-40 minutes. 

Trayce should be able to do that unless he’s injured. Rotations need shortened for the tourney. Horses have to play. Possessions are at a premium. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Hey, hand up…not sure if I posted it, but I definitely thought it. That kid adding a legit jumper totally changed his trajectory. 

People said I was nuts when I said he would add a jumper.  Galloway is a relentless worker and never underestimate a kid being a coach's kid (who actually coaches, not just is the 'coach' because his son plays).

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

Did you not record it?

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

Did you not record it?

I'm got the DVR replaying it lol.... 

I was on the phone with my best buddy from IN (right after the game) ..... He's a big PU fan.... He predicted a close game, and I predicted 10+ pt PU win.. lol. We were both wrong. Only one was sad... 

5+ years ago I recorded all games on my PC (capture card) and converted... Stopped when I got tired of sucking... Should have started again last year... 

34 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Matt Painter on the rivalry: "I've had opportunities to leave, and one of the things I think about if I leave and I'm not the coach of Purdue is I can't walk back into Assembly Hall and compete against them. And that would bother me." 

He might not be the greatest coach in the world -- but he's a pretty good dude. Watched his post-game presser and he was asked a couple really dumb questions, and he didn't bat an eye. Just answered them politely.

And when someone would start to ask something, he'd look around to see who it was. The person would say, "Over here." He'd look in their direction and say, 'Thank you." 

Classy guy. 

Never forget that out of high school he wanted to play at IU and wasn't offered a scholarship.

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

People said I was nuts when I said he would add a jumper.  Galloway is a relentless worker and never underestimate a kid being a coach's kid (who actually coaches, not just is the 'coach' because his son plays).

He played almost the entire game. Great game. He might have had better games, but he played the best in one counted most. 

47 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

Yeah maybe. We fall in love with recruits. I read the same thing about Banks and Gunn and I don’t see it. I expected JHS to be a first round talent. I have no expectations for next years recruiting class. 

JHS likely is a first round talent,  but he has still sucked in several games this year. Looked like a 3 star freshman at times. Talent is undeniable, but let's not pretend he's been a rockstar all season. 

35 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Matt Painter on the rivalry: "I've had opportunities to leave, and one of the things I think about if I leave and I'm not the coach of Purdue is I can't walk back into Assembly Hall and compete against them. And that would bother me." 

He might not be the greatest coach in the world -- but he's a pretty good dude. Watched his post-game presser and he was asked a couple really dumb questions, and he didn't bat an eye. Just answered them politely.

And when someone would start to ask something, he'd look around to see who it was. The person would say, "Over here." He'd look in their direction and say, 'Thank you." 

Classy guy. 

Maybe not the greatest, but he’s a damn good coach. They can ***** about him tonight but I don’t know what you do as a coach to force your guys to hit jumpers or free throws.  Not their best game tonight.  

He might not win a title…I dunno. But he can go the Keady route and make them a conf title contender forever. 

Last night I had two dreams about the game. In the first one, we were winning with about 5 minutes left. In the second one, it was tied in the second half. 

I didn't want to post about this before the game because usually my dreams aren't the least bit realistic and I was afraid we'd get blown out. 

Have no idea how the rest of the season will play out but man, it feels good to see IU back in the discussion of being relevant again in College Hoops. Lead game tonight on the Field of 68. 3 of the 4 last Saturday's they have played in one of the biggest games of the slate and won all three (Purdue, Illinois, @ Purdue).