Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IUBB @ Michigan State - Tuesday, 2/21/23 @ 9:00 on ESPN

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Glad I went to sleep before the 2nd half. Woof. 

Next year could be rough. I'm we are somewhere around Archie's 1st year and Creans 13-14 season post Zeller. 

Before free agency

4 hours ago, hoopsta007 said:

Before free agency

I hope & believe this is correct.

The "window of opportunity" has been wide open this season for a handful of players and they refused to step up.  In the NBA they don't wait multiple seasons for a player to get their act together, and this program is supposedly modeled after pro teams, so CMW and staff need to be busy after this season concludes.

Woof. And this is supposed to be the good year.

Whatever. I'm chalking this up to the guys being gassed, and already knowing they're in the tournament. 

Just hold serve at home to not let our seeding fall below a 5. 

8 hours ago, normandale97 said:

I would not anticipate Geronimo and Duncomb being back next year either. 

Why would Geronimo and Duncomb not return next year? Geronimo is an almost certain starter and Duncomb will see  quite a few minutes at IU. They would be trading near sure things for the unknown. The only IU transfers who transferred and performed well as starters are Armaan Franklin and Al Durham who started at IU. The others did no better at their new school than they did at IU. The reality is transfers tend to get about the same playing time at their new school as they did before transferring--sometimes less.

TJD looked really tired.

Bates has gotten worse as the season has gone on.

We took JHS out with two fouls and they went on a big run. He ended the game with 2 fouls.

Hopefully we rest up for the next few days and get ready for Purdue. 

Hold serve at home finish 12-8 and see what happens in the BTT. 4-5 seed in the NCAA

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

Why would Geronimo and Duncomb not return next year? Geronimo is an almost certain starter and Duncomb will see  quite a few minutes at IU. They would be trading near sure things for the unknown. The only IU transfers who transferred and performed well as starters are Armaan Franklin and Al Durham who started at IU. The others did no better at their new school than they did at IU. The reality is transfers tend to get about the same playing time at their new school as they did before transferring--sometimes less.

Devils advocate, but why would Geronimo return? He flirted with leaving last year and even with a hurt Race and on one leg, he barely sees the floor on some nights. Maybe as a SR that changes for him, but he's a tweener positionally and Woodson has his eye on some big fish that I wouldn't be shocked if they play over him despite being younger (Flory and Reneau would clearly be penciled in at the 5). Don't see Duncomb in the long term plans, but what do I know, I have no clue on the debilitating ailment that is a sinus infection

30 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

You would have to ask them that question. If both are back next year it will be very surprising. 

28 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

TJD looked really tired.

We took JHS out with two fouls and they went on a big run. He ended the game with 2 fouls.

Hold serve at home finish 12-8 and see what happens in the BTT. 4-5 seed in the NCAA

Chris, obviously you haven't read the thread. We lost a game. Time to move on to next season where (fingers crossed) Kyle Tabor gets granted a COVID year and will be leading the line. It's bleak.

42 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

TJD looked really tired.

Yeah, but.. we had a 3pt lead late in the half and just crumbled. I thought about that too, until I realized the sequence of events... plus, we were only down 3 until the last possession of the half. 

After JHS there's such a dropoff in production for our guards. Galloway is our only other consistent guy.

Bates, ugh. Maybe he needs another offseason to develop but I just don't know with him sometimes. Seems like a great kid, always seems engaged and high energy on the bench, but we need so much more from him if we want to get past the first weekend of March.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, but.. we had a 3pt lead late in the half and just crumbled. I thought about that too, until I realized the sequence of events... plus, we were only down 3 until the last possession of the half. 

But we lead 22-13 when he picked up 2nd foul with 6.28 till half. So they went on a 22-7 run in the last 6 minutes of the first half. Woodson doesn't always sit them with 2 fouls but we needed some offense. Water under the bridge now. Now one of the two fouls was a dumb foul on JHS too. He needs to be smarter