Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - (C) Malachi Moreno to Kentucky

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

100% with them on this. That kid has a great combination of high ceiling and high floor. If the offense never comes he's a rim runner/finisher/rim protector who always plays hard. But if the offense does come, and because of his hands and his touch I'll be pretty surprised if it doesn't, he's not just a pro, he's a high-end pro.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This line made me laugh. The author isn't very good at math. While technically true, the percentage of 7-footers is much, much, much smaller than 5% since there are over 8 billion people in the world and only 3000 of those. That percentage, 0.0000375%, is so much smaller than 5% that choosing that number is silly.

Approximately 3,000 people around the globe are 7-foot-0, or taller, which is less than 5 percent of the world’s population.

Had 23/15 in front of Woody. From Bossi’s camp report:

Moreno was the other tied for a game-high 23 points but also reeled in an impressive 15 rebounds and swatting two shots on defense. He is continuing to progress in his aggressiveness and assertiveness on both ends of the court to impact the game as a rebounder, rim protector and finisher in the paint.

It will be interesting to see what we look like going into 25-26. 

Moreno next to an elite PF and dynamic perimeter players would have a really impactful freshman year. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2025-center-malachi-moreno-down-to-eight-schools/

Moreno’s list at 8. No real surprises. Interesting note here is that Schumann describes Moreno as the “ringleader” of the plan for Mullins, Sisley and Moreno to take their IU OV’s together. That’s not nothin’.

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2025-center-malachi-moreno-down-to-eight-schools/

Moreno’s list at 8. No real surprises. Interesting note here is that Schumann describes Moreno as the “ringleader” of the plan for Mullins, Sisley and Moreno to take their IU OV’s together. That’s not nothin’.

If you've heard an interview of Malachi Moreno, him being the ringleader will be no surprise. The kid is super-sharp and analytical.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

If you've heard an interview of Malachi Moreno, him being the ringleader will be no surprise. The kid is super-sharp and analytical.

Everything about Moreno screams good, good kid. He’s gonna be an on floor asset wherever he goes and he will rep his school incredibly well.

Jamie Shaw from On3 with a recruiting update:

Heading into the visits, sources tell me to watch for Kentucky and Indiana in this one. One source close to the recruitment took it a step further and said they think Indiana leads heading into the visits. 

Makes sense: we’ve been on him longer than UK, we’ve got the perfect slot opening for him, and we’re firmly in the mix/lead for his buddies Braylon and Trent.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Heading into the visits, sources tell me to watch for Kentucky and Indiana in this one. One source close to the recruitment took it a step further and said they think Indiana leads heading into the visits. 

Makes sense: we’ve been on him longer than UK, we’ve got the perfect slot opening for him, and we’re firmly in the mix/lead for his buddies Braylon and Trent.

And we can point to TJD and Ware in the NBA.

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I'd love for Moreno to come, as I would Mullins and Sisley, but I'd have serious reservations about committing a starting role to Moreno right out of the gate. You'd still need portal help and/or hope Bryson Tiller still comes.

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I'd love for Moreno to come, as I would Mullins and Sisley, but I'd have serious reservations about committing a starting role to Moreno right out of the gate. You'd still need portal help and/or hope Bryson Tiller still comes.

There’s no need to commit to anything. Malik as a senior can start at the five with Moreno playing 20+ minutes and easing into the featured role.

Rob Cassidy's thoughts on Moreno's recruitment - 

Presumed leader: Kentucky

Moreno feels like a must-get for Kentucky, as the Wildcats’ campus sits roughly 20 miles away from the four-star forward’s family home. Beloved former UK captain turned head coach Mark Pope was brought in to win local recruiting battles exactly like this, so it seems as though the new Kentucky staff is going all-out to keep the priority target home.

Moreno has been incredibly receptive to Pope since the new leader of Big Blue Nation took the reins of the program. Moreno has been on campus to meet with the new staff on multiple occasions and seems especially focused on the hometown school as of late.

Moreno has fall visits officially scheduled to Ohio State, North Carolina, Indiana and Arkansas but has granted Pope and the Wildcats his final trip, which is slated for Oct. 11. The pecking order can obviously change, but Kentucky likes where it stands at this juncture.

Eric Bossi from the Under Armour Elite 24 event.

Malachi Moreno - The No. 25 player in the class of 2025, Moreno was active in all facets of the game. He sprinted the floor. He posted strong. He finished around the rim and he battled on the glass and was a deterrent at the rim on the defensive end. He's a big kid who is stronger than you think looking at him, but he's also got a lot of room to add strength on the college level. Teaming with Lewis and Ament he wasn't able to secure a scrimmage win, but was part of a trio that did well for themselves.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Eric Bossi from the Under Armour Elite 24 event.

Malachi Moreno - The No. 25 player in the class of 2025, Moreno was active in all facets of the game. He sprinted the floor. He posted strong. He finished around the rim and he battled on the glass and was a deterrent at the rim on the defensive end. He's a big kid who is stronger than you think looking at him, but he's also got a lot of room to add strength on the college level. Teaming with Lewis and Ament he wasn't able to secure a scrimmage win, but was part of a trio that did well for themselves.

A team with Acaden Lewis, Nate Ament and Malachi Moreno couldn’t win a game. Wow.