Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - (C) Malachi Moreno to Kentucky

4 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

Excellent interview. IU, Arky, USC, UK, ND in the hunt for official vsits. Commitment before his bday in late October. No mention of UL or Purdump. Mature young man for sure. Coach Walsh is locked in to him.

"Braylon Mullins is probably the best teammate I've ever had. He shoots the piss out of the ball."

Says nice things about Sisley; absolutely raves about Mullins.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Moreno on his decision timeline:  "My deadline is my birthday on October, 24th," he said. "I will turn 18 and will hope to get it done before then."

Good, the sooner the better. Sort of hope he ends up at the Adidas Eurocamp rather than playing USA basketball because he’d be measured at the Adidas event. Still listed at 6’11” pretty much everywhere and I’m guessing he’s taller than that. I’m betting he’s closer to 7’1” and maybe 7’3” or 7’4” reach.

Cody was a hair over 6'10" in socks 230 lbs with a +0 wingspan as a freshman.  This I know. I've caught several of the indy Elite sessions the last two years and Malachi was that height last summer. The reason I bring Cody up is Malachi brings those same cerebral fundamental qualities to the position. He'll defer to other teammates, make the right pass etc. He's not long, like Cody but he's twitchier. There's some TJD athletic traits and instincts in the paint. 7'0" 225 +2 ws. That's my guess. In shoes. 

I think 600-700k to come now would be my move. I wouldn't give Pope a year 35 minutes from his house. He could help us now 10mpg. 

4 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Any thoughts/knowledge on if the coaching changes at UK & Louisville help, hurt or don't impact this recruitment?

Thoughts are that the UK change lessens UK's chances from large to reasonable, and that the UL change increases their chances from zero to very slim.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That would be incredibly awesome. Any reason to believe he would be eligible to do so?

I know there is no reality in this one but yeah, you don't take a 5 star kid looking to start and put him on a roster behind Ballo ahead of schedule.  We need a 5 badly imo, but not this one, yet.  

But that is almost the Xavier Booker arc.  And he stayed on board.  

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I know there is no reality in this one but yeah, you don't take a 5 star kid looking to start and put him on a roster behind Ballo ahead of schedule.  We need a 5 badly imo, but not this one, yet.  

But that is almost the Xavier Booker arc.  And he stayed on board.  

Why wouldn't you? It's 100% better for his development, compared to practicing against HS kids. If Moreno wants to reclass, you thank the heavens and sign him immediately. 

Then the second part you contradicted? Xavier Booker? 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Thoughts are that the UK change lessens UK's chances from large to reasonable, and that the UL change increases their chances from zero to very slim.

He already has Indiana on his jersey so…………