Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Not to derail a thread, but I remember seeing Leach (when I was a kid) play in a local All-Star game when he was in high school. He posted some crazy 40 pt triple double. I was so pumped that we were getting the next Wilt. 
My talent scouting service is still available for hire. 
He wasn't terrible, was a good defender and not much offense, which is kind of where I am seeing this kid sense there isn't much video of his offense other than dunks.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, maharkn said:

He wasn't terrible, was a good defender and not much offense, which is kind of where I am seeing this kid sense there isn't much video of his offense other than dunks.

Oh definitely, didn't mean it is a disparaging way. Love Leach as a player and ambassador for IU. 

16 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Right, but Wilt he was not.

33 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

“Offers by Indiana and Purdue last week marked a bit of a turning point in his recruitment after rumors of a more narrow approach.”

That’s one way to put it. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Another way to put it is, "As much as we wanted to try, there is just no ******* way we can engineer sending this kid to Bradley University. So let's try to get Adams a job at a P5 school."

Here's to hoping that Indiana University is that school. Flory Bidunga is a very, very different player than Xavier Booker. We'd be crazy to not, within the rules, do whatever it takes to give us the best chance of making it happen.

I am not in favor of bringing in an assistant to just get 1 player, especially for a player that won't be here long. If he came here it means we lose one of the current assistants which isn't a good thing.

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am not in favor of bringing in an assistant to just get 1 player, especially for a player that won't be here long. If he came here it means we lose one of the current assistants which isn't a good thing.

1. We are going to lose an assistant now and then, and when that happens it will likely be a very good thing because the departures will be either Kenya (most likely) or Ya as a D1 head coach. If that happens that will mean we have had significant success. We will never clear out one of the assistants to hire someone else just to get one particular player!
  2. Woody will never (intentionally) hire someone as an assistant that is underqualified or not a good fit. Period.
  3. There are many jobs within the program that are not one of the three assistant coaching jobs.

The 2022 Pangos All-American Festival had roughly 40 players from across the country with rosters broken into geographical teams.  Bidunga was named a co-MVP of the event.

"Bidunga was a terror on both sides of the ball. He was a motorman, running end to end for easy plays at and above the rim. He made things look easy with lobs and putbacks. Defensively, we saw him block shots against three-point shooters, against post players and in the midrange. You felt his presence all over the floor."

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I guess we're in this for real.

Two variables:

1. Wouldn't Flory be a perfect candidate for none-and-done? That will be in place by the time he graduates high school.
  2. Drew Adams to Cincinnati? Drew Adams (and his dad) have a long-standing connection to IU and the Hulls family, but if Drew is an assistant for Wes Miller that could prove to be a serious pull.