Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - PG Boogie Fland to Kentucky

47 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

If you want to hold out on Boogie Fland not enrolling at UK, knock yourself out. I’ll tell you what I tell my son:

”S*** in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first”

I tell my son to not **** in his hand.  Think it works out better.

1 hour ago, Artie86 said:

Guys, I just can't get past the fact why Boogie would choose Cal over a genuine, down to earth, (consistently trending up on the recruiting trail) coach like Coach Woodson and instead choose Cal. I know all kids are different and want see things differently than others. This one is just a head scratcher to me. I can only think of the obvious that KY's wins and rankings carry weight...JMO

How IU fans view Cal is not how recruits view Cal.  Personally, take the names off of the schools and I'd rather lose to a recruit to Cal than to Bill Self or Bryce Drew.  Cal does care about getting talent but I do believe he wants his player's to succeed in the NBA.  Bryce Drew and Bill Self IMO only care about their players while they are on campus.

Cal said years ago (and it got him in a lot of hot water with Kentucky fans) that the happiest day he could have as a coach was 5 players going in the first round of the NBA draft.  That resonates with players even if it doesn't with fans.

Laughing to myself how we can go from dude is 100 percent iu to 100 percent not coming in 24 hours before he announces. You guys crack me up. I will never get sucked in again until the next time lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

And the iu stuff had been informed he was coming.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

And the iu stuff had been informed he was coming.

I doubt that happened. It also supposedly happened with Ledlum (which I also don't buy). So in 6 months, 2 separate recruits told the IU staff they were going to commit to IU then backed out soon after? Seems like a stretch.

The IU staff can feel confident about the recruit committing even without the recruit committing. It seems more likely others read that confidence as a commitment happened even though it hadn't.

FWIW.....there are still only two Crystal Balls on 247 for Boogie Fland to UK.  The first an Inside Maryland basketball contributor;  the second was an Inside Maryland basketball publisher.  

Rivals has seen more action -- five saying Fland to UK, three of which switched from IU to UK and two which are new predictions.

I do think that tells you to take the Crystal Ball predictions as more serious predictors than Rivals.  Rivals seems to have more people trying to up percentages by hopping on the bandwagon.

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

That thing that went over your head.....

https://247sports.com/player/mackenzie-mgbako-46109285/

We're talking about Boogie not MM, nothing went over my head. If you're banking on Boogie de-committing from Kentucky this spring and then picking IU I'll tell you what I told the other guy, "knock yourself out". MM didn't spurn us for a rival the first time around nor were we ever really involved. 

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

We're talking about Boogie not MM, nothing went over my head. If you're banking on Boogie de-committing from Kentucky this spring and then picking IU I'll tell you what I told the other guy, "knock yourself out". MM didn't spurn us for a rival the first time around nor were we ever really involved. 

Cool.  Guess we never should have taken Eric Gordon when he flipped from Illinois.

I doubt that happened. It also supposedly happened with Ledlum (which I also don't buy). So in 6 months, 2 separate recruits told the IU staff they were going to commit to IU then backed out soon after? Seems like a stretch.
The IU staff can feel confident about the recruit committing even without the recruit committing. It seems more likely others read that confidence as a commitment happened even though it hadn't.
I don't believe it just saying what was posted on this board. I think it was UK all along for bookie we just read into it what we hoped.

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

The IU staff can feel confident an out the recruit committing even without the recruit committing. It seems more likely others read that confidence as a commitment happened even though it hadn't.

No one that covers recruiting ever said that the IU staff felt confident. None.   Most said that the staff knew they were in a heavyweight fight and that it could go either way and was not pumping out confidence.   I say it every time to gather all the information you can from tons of places then sift through the others.   Not once during this commitment did I ever view it as a battle.  Never did I see it as IU way out front or Kentucky way out front.   It was a battle and the kid made a choice.  Stinks but happens