Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - PG Boogie Fland to Kentucky

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If Jasper will reclassify to 2024, that helps with Boogie. The one thing I've read is Kentucky isn't all in on Boogie, which makes no sense. I guess he is option 2 for them. Hope he at least waits until after Hoosier Hysteria. 

7 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

I had to look up what a Gucci Mane was.

Whatever makes these kids happy I say bring it.

This is not a slight against you at all, but Gucci Mane is not exactly an up and comer. 

I'm closer to 40 than 30 and Gucci Mane was around when I was in college.

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

“They didn’t play but they touched NBA waters” is a pretty strange way to describe our coaching staff’s background. Makes me wonder if he actually knows anything about Mike Woodson. 

Just now, Hoosier Roots said:

“They didn’t play but they touched NBA waters” is a pretty strange way to describe our coaching staff’s background. Makes me wonder if he actually knows anything about Mike Woodson. 

He was referring to the assistant coaches no doubt. He's 18 and quotes therefore don't always come out exactly right, but I'm sure that he gets the big picture -- that we have by far the most NBA experience on our staff of his three finalists. 

That was an incredibly complimentary, detail specific short quote about IU for a kid that's from New York.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He was referring to the assistant coaches no doubt. He's 18 and quotes therefore don't always come out exactly right, but I'm sure that he gets the big picture -- that we have by far the most NBA experience on our staff of his three finalists. 

That was an incredibly complimentary, detail specific short quote about IU for a kid that's from New York.

Yeah, it was just a touch inarticulate. He’s spoken several times about Woody’s time in the League as both a player and Coach.

"For one of these schools to separate themselves they’d have to show more interest than the others," he explained. "I’m also going to be playing for the head coach so they need to be interested in me as well." https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/college-basketball-indiana-alabama-kentucky-maryland-johnuel-boogie-fland-217036256/

Considering this was said in an interview immediately after he was visited by the head coach of Alabama and just an assistant coach from IU... may not mean anything, but it caught my eye. I know Woody was just up there for a clinic a week or two ago, though.

I'd feel a lot more confident if IU somehow secured another visit.

EDIT: Assuming Oats visited him yesterday, which is what I thought I read somewhere... but I could be wrong.

EDIT #2: Don't see confirmation of a head coach visit from Alabama anywhere which pretty much renders my point moot... Gnarly's mind is slippin' these days. Interesting quote nonetheless!

18 minutes ago, GnarlyTimGarl said:

"For one of these schools to separate themselves they’d have to show more interest than the others," he explained. "I’m also going to be playing for the head coach so they need to be interested in me as well." https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/college-basketball-indiana-alabama-kentucky-maryland-johnuel-boogie-fland-217036256/

Considering this was said in an interview immediately after he was visited by the head coach of Alabama and just an assistant coach from IU... may not mean anything, but it caught my eye. I know Woody was just up there for a clinic a week or two ago, though.

EDIT: Assuming Oats visited him yesterday, which is what I thought I read somewhere... but I could be wrong.

EDIT #2: Don't see confirmation of a head coach visit from Alabama anywhere which pretty much renders my point moot... Gnarly's mind is slippin' these days. Interesting quote nonetheless!

Zagsblog has an article with your answer:

"Indiana and Alabama had assistants in on Wednesday..."

2 hours ago, GnarlyTimGarl said:

One thing I have heard is how if UK really wants him, that's probably where he ends up. However, they aren't all in on him. Wonder if they are more interested in the 2025 player that could reclass?