Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

32 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I have no reason to believe we won't resign with Adidas. I believe we have till July to finalize the deal

I remember after talking to an equipment guy at Crean's Fantasy Camp in 2012 that Adidas was much better than when they previously had Nike. I'd love to see Under Armour or Jordan bid on it. 

18 hours ago, Redcamaro said:

Lunardi has IU as an 8 seed (South) in the 'Way Too Early' predictions for next seasons tournament.

Come back after Woodson has coached the full season with his "recruits" and let me know where IU is seeded.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:18 AM, yogisballin said:

Worst shoe ever! They feel great like the first 2 times you wear. And if you don’t have to stand on feet for long periods at a time. 

I wear them every day at work, on my feet a lot and they feel great

3 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

With Gallo having surgery how will that affect his time next year.  It says minor and he will be back.

Indiana basketball: Trey Galloway has minor knee surgery, is expected back for the 2024-25 season (247sports.com)

as minor and having multiple months, shouldn't be an issue

Won't bore with details but assuming Goode signs with IU, here are my projected three pointers made/attempts for IU in a 32 game season

• Carlyle 53 of 157, 34%
  • Mgbako 51 of 147, 34.7%
  • Goode 34 of 88, 38.6%
  • Rice 33 of 110, 30%
  • Reneau 18 of 50, 36%
  • Galloway 16 of 52, 31%
  • Tucker 11 of 35, 31%
  • Cupps 5 of 13, 39%
  • Leal 4 of 10, 40%
  • Team totals:  225 of 662, 34%.  Averages:  7 of 20.6 per game.

Newton not included due to uncertainty in role/injury, Ballo no predicted threes.

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Looks pretty dang bouncy to me.

Looks a hell of a lot more comfortable on the court than he did at the end of the year even. 

I'm inclined to think after a, hopefully, healthy summer of conditioning work... he will look even better. 

The knee stuff he has been working through is no joke. The missteps along the way have really set back his timeline. I'm very happy that he took his RS year here and is seemingly not portal-ing. I think that says a lot about his character and patience/competitiveness after we're bringing in two guards + others ahead of him.

I'm not credible enough to say whether the knee issue will limit his athleticism for the rest of his career or not... But given where he's starting from... sometimes God just has to nerf uber talented people to keep things fair. And besides, there is more to being a good basketball player than just being an ultra athletic specimen. Seems he will still have at least a sufficient amount of athleticism... these young guys bounce back a lot easier with rehab than us older guys (ah to be 19/20). He's had the right resources since coming to IU it seems. 

And that patience he has developed will no doubt serve him well over the course of his career. Perhaps he ends up becoming a very well rounded, skilled basketball player. Maybe we roll out the 3 GA guard rotation at times next year and it turns out to be everyone's favorite... I'm not writing Jakai off but I don't want to have unfair expectations of him.

Hopefully next season is the start of a great IU career. And if anyone calls me a sunshine pumper for this take...kick rocks! :)