Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

2 hours ago, mamasa said:

My memories on Facebook just reminded me that Clifton Moore transferred 5 years ago today. I have no idea who in the hell Clifton Moore was....

That was only 5 years ago? It seems longer than that. Man, IU has been bad for so long.

My memories on Facebook just reminded me that Clifton Moore transferred 5 years ago today. I have no idea who in the hell Clifton Moore was....
Clifton just popped up in my YouTube feed, he was in a dunk contest in whatever league he is playing in

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

As of the MgBako announcement less than an hour ago.

SF - MbBako

PF - Reneau

Center - TBD

PG - TBD

SG - Galloway

Bench is Leal, Cupps, Newton ... not counting walk-ons. IMO besides a 5 and a 1 ... they still need "a natural born shooter". Still plenty of scholarships to fill.  (thanks to cybergates ... Tucker needs to be added. I'll add him to the bench but am sure others will have him in the starting lineup. Not IMO.)

Edited by IH8PU

6 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

SF - MbBako

PF - Reneau

Center - TBD

PG - TBD

SG - Galloway

Bench is Leal, Cupps, Newton ... not counting walk-ons. IMO besides a 5 and a 1 ... they still need "a natural born shooter". Still plenty of scholarships to fill.

Put Gallo on the bench and then we'll really be on to something

8 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

SF - MbBako

PF - Reneau

Center - TBD

PG - TBD

SG - Galloway

Bench is Leal, Cupps, Newton ... not counting walk-ons. IMO besides a 5 and a 1 ... they still need "a natural born shooter". Still plenty of scholarships to fill.

You forgot to put Tucker somewhere.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, cybergates said:

You forgot to put Tucker somewhere.

ah, thanks ... I knew there was less scolly's available. With that lineup I don't see Tucker doing anything but coming off the bench. Am I wrong?

Edited by IH8PU

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, IndianaSconnie90 said:

Put Gallo on the bench and then we'll really be on to something

Could you remind my failing brain cells why you and many others think he should come off the bench, now as a 5th year senior? Is it to get a spark off the bench?? Is it his poor shooting form or inconsistent shooing percentage? Or it is of the opinion that Woodson can go out and get a legit PG and a lights out shooter a the other guard position? Serious questions.

Edited by IH8PU

5 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

ah, thanks ... I knew there was less scolly's available. With that lineup I don't see Tucker doing anything but coming off the bench. Am I wrong?

I don't know enough about him to say anything for sure, but in the interview I watched he referred to himself as a guard, so possibly the starting 2. He is a mcd aa so may expect to start...

On 3/29/2024 at 11:18 AM, ebridges24 said:

Clifton is one of the top players in the England pro league.

Didn't Clifton do pretty well at the school he transferred to? He averaged 12ppg and 6rpg his last year at LaSalle, but didn't do much his 5th year at Providence. I think it was at Providence I saw him do well for a game or two.

2 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I don't know enough about him to say anything for sure, but in the interview I watched he referred to himself as a guard, so possibly the starting 2. He is a mcd aa so may expect to start...

That is about all I know about him too. Looked like he has a quick release for his 3 point shot. That is about all I know about him. I wonder what he was told on the phone call or visit that got him to commit. I am sure NIL was a huge factor. I'd agree, as a MCD AA, his is starting. Is he IU's "shooter" they wanted?

58 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

Could you remind my failing brain cells why you and many others think he should come off the bench, now as a 5th year senior? Is it to get a spark off the bench?? Is it his poor shooting form or inconsistent shooing percentage? Or it is of the opinion that Woodson can go out and get a legit PG and a lights out shooter a the other guard position? Serious questions.

All of the above quite seriously. I've always thought Gallo is the perfect spark off the bench type player. If Woodson can find a guard with better consistency Gallo absolutely needs to be a 5th year off the bench player. 

2 hours ago, IH8PU said:

That is about all I know about him too. Looked like he has a quick release for his 3 point shot. That is about all I know about him. I wonder what he was told on the phone call or visit that got him to commit. I am sure NIL was a huge factor. I'd agree, as a MCD AA, his is starting. Is he IU's "shooter" they wanted?

That would give us two with Mack and Tucker. That's a good start.

2 hours ago, IH8PU said:

Didn't Clifton do pretty well at the school he transferred to? He averaged 12ppg and 6rpg his last year at LaSalle, but didn't do much his 5th year at Providence. I think it was at Providence I saw him do well for a game or two.

He averaged 6 and 4 at Providence, but did much better at LaSalle.

3 hours ago, IH8PU said:

Tucker is a player that was going to the G-league and then the NBA.  I can't imagine that he came to IU without being promised a starting job.  

3 hours ago, IH8PU said:

It will be easier to get starters in the portal than good backup players imo.